Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to have a lot of trouble with my Walther PP 32acp stove piping rounds. I have tried various ammo and still have it. I cleaned it real well after the last shooting session but still stove piping. This last batch of ammo was aguilla but have tried magtech, remington, and other manufacturers with the same results. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Weak extractor spring? Dirty extractor? Magazine issue? The next rounds to be fired are stove-piping or the spent cases are stove piping? If it is the loaded rounds, my guess would be the magazine, lips probably. maybe a weak magazine spring. Try the cheapest fix first.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the spent rounds stove piping. I cleaned it real well last time I shot so I guess now I need to get out the brake cleaner and a tooth brush and give it heck. Then look into a new extractor spring.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I'd say carb/break cleaner, tooth brush, tooth picks, q-tips, CLP, and enough time to really clean it well. Does it do it every round or just on some and have other shooters had that smae problem with your gun?

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is one little pistol that no one around me has shot but me. So can not say for certain. It does it on several shots through the magazine. Never had this problem with Walthers before. Not sure what to think.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, Wanted to update and resurrect this thread. Since last post I cleaned the thing shiney with brushes, q tips, brake cleaner and relubed. I bought good ammo for it AND let two other people shoot it.

Still stove piping one to 2 rounds per mag. Stove pipes the spent round so not ejecting. So would you all advise replacing the ejector spring?

·
Registered
646 Posts
My PP 32 started doing this and I tracked it down to my reloads that I shot through my FEG.The Feg has an oversized chamber and would expand the base of the brass. My LEE dies don't resize the base of brass.

Your problem might be different but that is what helped my problem with basically the same gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts