Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,366 Posts
congrats Nick, post pics please :)

Yeah .22 hustler, the Stevens will not be going anywhere. I woujld not be able to ever get rid of it anyway, wife got it for me.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yup i'll have to put up pictures later.

Still gonna go look at the stevens. He said he'd work on the price so i'll have to see how low I could go.

Now with it being a 1948 model, should I worry about its strength and usability? Obviously don't shoot anything bigger than 2.75" but would buckshot be ok in it?

·
Banned
789 Posts
There are a lot of older used American made double shotguns (Savage/Fox/Stevens/Ithaca and others) that are actually very nice and sturdy. As long as they lock up tight and aren't too beat up they are great finds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This year I bought a Stoeger Over Under 20 ga new off gunbroker for 350 have shop around.
Kinda a zombie thread but I just bought one of these off GB..$400, new. Condor Outback...Great fun..3 inch 1 and 4shot pretty 'stout' but 2 /34inch, birdshot...no big deal.

·
Premium Member
9,491 Posts
This thread is 10 years old. I hope the OP found his 20 SxS by now.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,199 Posts
Sadly no cabelas within a 4 hour drive.

Called the local places that carry stoeger and all wanted 400+ except 1 who had a coach gun for 350. How would that 20" barrel work for informal skeet shooting?
I think you'd be giving away a fair bit of reach in skeet with a 20 inch barrel.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts