close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

want the opinions

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Shaun, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I am planning on buying a new toy this week - which one would you get CDNN has M48 8mm's for $69.99 or they have the K98K with Yugo marks for $79.99

Which is the better one here

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

For real historical interest, I'd go with the K98. It likely saw action during WWII. The M48 was post war, and was probably laid up in storeage it's entire life. The M48 may look better for this reason, but it just doesn't have the history behind it. Actually, both are good rifles, I'd get both!

3. I'd go with the K98, this will have the model 98 on the rail and I have heard some people who have gotten these types with some of the German markings on them. Where did you catch the advertisement from CDNN? Whenever I check the web site I never see these rifles advertised.

4. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I may go with one of each for keeping stock and then use the M48 for a few other cal's like building a 6.5x55 and then maybe a few wildcats

Stewart look at the catalog they are listed in there

5. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Yep, Im a definate believer in the fact that it absolutely impossible to own too many guns....I'd get both. That way you can't look back on it and think, "Man, I wish I'd gotten the other one"

6. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ill have to go with Erick..buy both and you cant go wrong.

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Both man, ya ain't that poor are ya? Whatta deal for both ,like 2 guns for the price of one!

8. yeah go with both if ya got the funds!, my k98k shoots as good as my buddies m48 with turk ammo.
    one day i'm gonna get some ww2 nazi stuff and see how she shoots then!:D
    -Jesse