Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a concealed carry gun, I would really like it to be a 9mm. If you (anybody) have any suggestions or comments please help! I would greatly appreciate it! :burnout:

:feedback:

·
Registered
12 Posts
9mm Concealed Carry

The Kel-Tec PF-9 is nice. It is really small and easily concealed. Not a range gun thought, so small and light it really beats you up during prolonged firing. I also like the KelTec P3AT (.380). It has to be one of the most concealable guns ever.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sig 239 single stack 9mm or .40 cal. It is the best selling CCW gun at the local shop.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Depending on what you want to spend a Para Ord PDA 9mm is very good. Pricey, but good. +1 on Bersa in 9mm, CZ or Witness compact (same gun made in different countries), I personally do not care for Glocks, but they are good guns. I own 2 Kel-Tec P-11s, good guns but like was said about the PF-9 they are not range guns. Great at what they are designed for, but will wear you out after prolonged shooting. A FEG PA-63 in 9mm MAK or a CZ-82 9mm MAK are both good guns. the Sig 232 and the Walther PPK. You really can't go wrong with any of the above. Just see which one fits your budget and your hand best.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Get a good old reliable Beretta in 9mm. Our military has used them for many years. Only complaint out of any of them was the lack of stopping power unless a head shot or other vital organ shot. Get a good reliable M&P in 9mm. Get an XD in 9mm. Check out the manufacturers website for specs.. Then go to a gun shop and personally check them out...Handle them. See if they have a rental program? If so, shoot the ones you want and get a feel of and for them. Good luck.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I need to get a concealed carry gun, I would really like it to be a 9mm. If you (anybody) have any suggestions or comments please help! I would greatly appreciate it! :burnout:

9MM's are okay, many departments used them many years ago, when first switching from wheel guns to automatics. Today the common career criminal packs larger caliber handguns. Most departments upgraded to larger calibers, too, because of stopping power. From a law enforcement point of view, maybe you should re-think about upgrading to a .40 cal or .45 . If you need to use your gun, in self-defense or your familys defense, (God forbid)...you will want a caliber with stopping power. A chest area hit with either a .40 or .45 calibre will certainly provide you with this protection. Just my opinion on this subject.:)

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,573 Posts
Glock 26 with Tru Glo sights. Great CCW gun and very reliable. 10+1, and pretty compact. Good shooter. Need to use hi-performance ammo in any 9mm (i.e. Corbon DPX, JHP, Golden Sabre, Hydra Shock, Winchester JHP, etc.).

·
Registered
514 Posts
Get a good old reliable Beretta in 9mm. Our military has used them for many years. Only complaint out of any of them was the lack of stopping power unless a head shot or other vital organ shot. Get a good reliable M&P in 9mm. Get an XD in 9mm. Check out the manufacturers website for specs.. Then go to a gun shop and personally check them out...Handle them. See if they have a rental program? If so, shoot the ones you want and get a feel of and for them. Good luck.
I have the civilian version of the M9, the model 92FS. It's just a plain-jane gun, and I definitely have "cooler" guns, but every time I go shooting, the Baretta gets shot the most. It's just fun to shoot, not to mention reliable and accurate.

It's a little too big for me to want to carry concealed, though.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
lowercase, take a look at the Bersa Thunder 9mm Ultra Compact. 10 rounds double-stack, 3 1/2" barrel, post and outline sights, controls the same as a M1911A1 except what on the .45 is a slide safety is a decocker on the Bersa. It's thin and will conceal easily. Cost is about $300 with 2 mags, most places.

The one thing I dislike about it is a S&W-type integral gun lock ahead of the slide release; but you can simply unlock it and leave it unlocked, so it's not a big deal. Load it with Hornaday TAP 9mm rounds and it will have adequate power for a one-shot stop. 9mm TAP ammo is almost as good as .45 ACP FMJ in terms of delivered stopping power (which I don't say about most 9mm bullets), and the pistol is much easier to conceal than a single-stack .45 ACP because it's thinner.

Go to the gun store and take a look at one, why don't you?

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I have a friend who's a corrections officer and he still swears by his Glock 17 for CCW.

Are you sure you're wedded to a 9mm? The Glock 36 chambers 6 rounds in a .45 with a single stack magazine.

The Glock 22 comes in .40 and the Glock 27 in .40 is sub-compact.

But if you want 9mm, then the Glock 26 sub-compact is an awfully comfy size.

Here it is:

- Coeloptera

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I carry the Glock 26 for ccw. You would be surprised of the accuracy in such a short barrel. I am however looking into the Kel-Tec 380 currently. I think it would be easier to conceal this summer when wearing less clothes.

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
+1 on the Bersa. Very nice to shoot at the range even.

I'd have to suggest a .45 though (Personally my preference) or a Wheelgun in .357 like my S&W M640J.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I'm haveing 2nd thoughts about 9mm pistols, meaning I like all the fire power available in them.
If the first shot doen't turn an assailant or kills them the 15, 16, 17, 18 ,20, 21 other shots should.
So personaly I like the idea of owning a 9mm semi-auto pistol for concealed carry.
I'm sure there's a 9mm cartridge available today that can get the job done if called on.
But which pistol to buy and easely concealble ill be a disision only you can make.
Fortunitly many members here know so keep checking back like I am because a new concealed carry pistol for me is in the budget.
A.H

·
Registered
433 Posts
I want to suggest again to look into a .40sw. You are only giving up a few rounds but are gaining a larger bullet. I am trying to decide myself what to get for CCW and stuck between a .40sw and a .45acp. I like the capacity of the .40 but I really like .45acp. For me the Glock 30 is too big for my hand. The 36 fits really nice but only is a 6+1 gun. I keep telling myself that if I need more than 7 bullets, I don't need to be carrying a gun.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I'm haveing 2nd thoughts about 9mm pistols, meaning I like all the fire power available in them.
If the first shot doen't turn an assailant or kills them the 15, 16, 17, 18 ,20, 21 other shots should.
So personaly I like the idea of owning a 9mm semi-auto pistol for concealed carry.
I'm sure there's a 9mm cartridge available today that can get the job done if called on.
But which pistol to buy and easely concealble ill be a disision only you can make.
Fortunitly many members here know so keep checking back like I am because a new concealed carry pistol for me is in the budget.
A.H

Me too, I was always a .45 fan, but having 16-18 rounds of +P+ 9mm in hand without reloading seems hard to beat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ccw

I'm also looking to buy a weapon for ccw, For some reason I'm not much of a 9mm guy. I'm looking at the Ruger 345, .45. I shot the 45 a few times in the service. I accually carried a S&W 38 (flight crew), Something "American" about the .45. Any thoughts about the Ruger on this forum?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts