Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get my hands onto a FN FAL now. When I bought my CETME I went into the gun store for a FN FAL, but it had been sold, and the CETME was beautiful, and I couldn't resist. lol. Now, I'm lookin at a FAL again. Lookin to get just a good shooter, and I'm toying with the idea of picking up a parts kit, and registered receiver, and just building my own. Does this save any money? Is it worth it? Is the FAL as complicated as the CETME? Any info would be great! Thanks.
Sean M. Hartman

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
It is difficult to build one from a parts kit as you need special guages for the correct locking shoulder that sets the bolt Headspaceing. Also have to have enough U.S. Made parts to be Legal.
DSA Arms is now building some Beauties including the STG58 Austrian version.
Check their Website.
Rich

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm wanting to get my hands onto a FN FAL now. When I bought my CETME I went into the gun store for a FN FAL, but it had been sold, and the CETME was beautiful, and I couldn't resist. lol. Now, I'm lookin at a FAL again. Lookin to get just a good shooter, and I'm toying with the idea of picking up a parts kit, and registered receiver, and just building my own. Does this save any money? Is it worth it? Is the FAL as complicated as the CETME? Any info would be great! Thanks.
Sean M. Hartman

Prices have went up and parts kits have started drying up .

Unless you luck into a find , it will be cheaper to buy a rifle , if you can find one at a fair price .

Be cautious of Century guns . My Centure FrankenFAL shoots fine , but a lot did not . Luckily , mine is built on an Imbel receiver . A lot were built on Century and other receivers that were dimensionally off .

DSA or something like that , has their own American built receiver , but they are $$$$$ .

Start reading , there are two broad groups of FAL's . Metric & Inch .

Wyr
God bless

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sean M. Hartman
have a metric one,portuguesse. let me know:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts