WARNING :Evacuation of North Carolina Barrier Island Ordered Ahead of Hurricane Earl

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by grizcty, Aug 31, 2010.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

2. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

Hope this doesn't hurt the chances of going to the beach this weekend!

Chesterwin - be sure you are safe!

3. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Thanks Chris. I've been through the drill many times. The evacuation will likely extend to Hatteras Island tomorrow morning and the upper Dare County later in the day according to the folks I talked to at a fund raiser for Mark Basnight this evening.

4. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Jim , you can send me all your Winchesters for safe keeping....FREE ! LOL

5. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

What Winchesters?
    He said those went down in a boating accident, years ago!

6. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

Cat 4 ain't nothing to play with...Katrina was a Cat 4...So was Ivan just before he hit shore.

Don't even think about staying if you are within 10 miles of water.

Drive inland due south-west of the storm about 2-3 hours and grab a hotel room.
    Take your pic albums, computers, guns, vital paperwork & your loved ones & pets.
    Standard Bug-Out SHTF plan is in play.

7. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Be safe all and i certainly hope your out of harms way. ,,,

Sorry about the storm fellas but that sneeze i had a few days ago was a bad one so i guess that is why they named it after me..I'll cover up better next time....Be careful and God Bless, check on all loved ones in it's path..........

8. chesterwin

Looks like good news this morning. The computer models have moved the track farther to the east and it's downgraded to a category 3.

Moose, what Winchesters? What Griz said, the photos make good memories though. LOL!

Earl. Was that starter sneeze when you were on vacation in Va. Beach? LOL!

9. Make sure you button it up tight before you go. Classic use for the BOB. Stay safe.

10. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Prayers are with you Chester. Stay safe.

11. gamehunter

gamehunter G&G Evangelist

You sneezed I farted and both fronts collided......sorry guys terrible joke

In all seriousness to those in the path of the storm be safe and remember to check in when you are able to do so.

12. chesterwin

Thanks for prayers and good thoughts folks. The storm tore apart and passed far offshore. A lot of tree branches and a few downed trees. Very little damage considering what it could have been like if it had remained a cat. 4 and come close to shore.