Was Just Checking Out My 7.62X54R Reserves

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by gandog56, May 14, 2008.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

I got over 700 Czech, 300 Bulagarian, and 80 JMS surplus, and 100 rounds of Prvi Partizan brass homeloads. Don't think I'll have to buy any for a while.:09:

2. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

Think again. The Dems are marching towards the White House.

3. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I hope to buying some more fodder next week. I want to shoot so bad I can't stand it!

4. +1 on that Tex. None of the new gals have been to the range.:bigeyes:

5. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Also found a great little M38 lami for a good price. Trying to work out the details to get it to me. Floor plate is forced matched but the bore is strong with no pits. The only thing I don't remember is if it had a m44 stock on it or not. I forgot to check. :hitwithrock:

6. The other problem is that I want to shoot all 7 of em (and the SKS), but I don't have enough time or shoulder to do that, so the tall redhead "Dawneska" (91/30), the M44 Tula hex, and Camo Natalia, get the nod. The tiger-striped brunnett M39 (no name yet) may hitch a ride as well.

Decisions, decisions. How do you guys with 10-20 of these babes do it. I'm getting to old for this shtuff.:09:

7. Sins-of-Mosin

Sins-of-Mosin Guest

I'm still trying to find the time to head out with the Mosin. Chance to rain all weekend so might have to wait till Tuesday.

8. loike i tell the girlfriend.... YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH AMMO!

9. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I don't have NEAR as much ammo as the rest of you! But I did pick up 100 pieces each of Lapua 6.55x55, and 7.62x54R brass. And Moose squared me away with another 100 rds of Russian Light Ball.

10. How much are 7.62X54R at 10 rounds a pack?

11. SwedeSteve

Down there you guys get milsurp fairly cheap! I pay much more for mine.

12. I just counted about 7000 rounds of 7.62x54r. Guess its time to go burn some more. When I take 15 firearms to the range I park as close to the range Im using and take 2 or 3 rifles or handguns at a time. Then just trade off as I go. So on the 25/50 range I would shoot carbines and handguns. Switch to the 100 range for the rifles. Maybe head to the shotgun range and break a few clays. and if Im feeling real lucky stop at the 250 for some scope hits.

13. SwedeSteve

Souns like a fun way to spend the day!

14. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Ah, I only own two rifles that burn them. I got to spends a little quality time with my new 8X56R I just picked up. And my Saiga .223 needs some loving, too! Then of course, I don't want my Savage .270 to feel lonely. Oh my aching shoulder!:burnout:

15. SwedeSteve

It sure seems I would have more range time now that I am retired! Where is it?

16. I have about 800 rounds for the 7.62's. Just got 600 in the mail from Sportsman's Guide. ($106.12 including ship & coupon.)

Time to be put in our place: Moose: How many rounds do you have under the bed?

17. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

youd think so close to Russia youd get it cheaper!:09:

18. SwedeSteve

LOL- If only it worked that way!

19. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

LOL he would get it cheaper but the stuff dont float to good LOL

20. SwedeSteve

Swimming back and forth is no good either, LOL!