Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we were shooting the other day... and we witnessed an AK fail. I thought it was impossible.

I have a Romanian WASR-10. US-made Tapco trigger group.

We were shooting in central Oklahoma and it was really hot.

I have put a grand total of about 200 rounds through this rifle, mostly UCW/Wolf steel case along with some EastBloc and Egyptian brass-cased surplus.

The rifle was really hot from shooting for a good hour.

My friend was shooting it and had five rounds in a magazine. He racked the action, and as soon as it chambered a round, it burned off all five rounds in basically full-auto fire.

The hinge pin that the trigger is mounted on disintegrated. The sear is also gone. All other internal components are there.

We're not sure what failed. Any ideas? How difficult is this to fix? I've had this rifle since August of 2008.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I remember seeing a news story about how someone let someone else borrow his AR for a day. The AR malfunctioned and it fired a couple of rounds in full-auto style like that AK did. He ended up getting charged with a crime: illegally transferring a machine gun and was convicted of it too. I only mention this as a word of warning: Be careful about who you tell about this malfunction.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I remember seeing a news story about how someone let someone else borrow his AR for a day. The AR malfunctioned and it fired a couple of rounds in full-auto style like that AK did. He ended up getting charged with a crime: illegally transferring a machine gun and was convicted of it too. I only mention this as a word of warning: Be careful about who you tell about this malfunction.
On top of that he was an Army reservist. They really threw the book at him.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... it was a quite unintentional malfunction, and one I'd rather not repeat.

Anyway, how difficult is it to install a new trigger group? Let's just say that the I have is broken.

·
Registered
499 Posts
+1 on replacing the shepherds hook, that thing took me a half our to get back into mine,
such a waist of time!!!

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
The trigger assembly is quite easy to put in. Just find some directions online and do it yourself. Any standard AK-47 trigger group will work. Some are better than others, but all should work. K-var makes really good stuff.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Your disconnector broke - fun ain't it? :D

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
On top of that he was an Army reservist. They really threw the book at him.
Not really when you read into it and find out that he knew of it before hand and had put in a M16 firepack...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts