Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ever find something so meant to be it seamed uncanny, and then all you could think was why in the world did it take till now to find out?

well the simple is, i just got my first handgun, after a little research i ended up going for durability and power with the ruger redhawk .44 stainless (with a hogue grip for my larger hands, and stainless, because i live by the beach and although i'd prefer a blued it wasn't feasable).and now that i have it... o m g, i'm in love, what a beautiful piece.

if anyone has experience or advice on my selections please feel free to post i'm open minded and new to this so if you know the best scope for fitting on my redhawk or just where to find excellent prices on my ammo hit me up. and thanks for the forum, these places are the best for finding experienced advice.i found that out when i got into building up my car.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
dceptiv240...welcome to Gun&game.Com. I'll look forward to more of your posts.

Good luck,

Ox

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,360 Posts
Welcome to G&G! You may want to check out reloading for the .44 Magnum - saves money and makes it more versatile!

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Welcome to the site! :)

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Welcome Welcome, great bunch of ol knothaids in here. Seriously a grand group!
:usa2:

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Welcome to G&G...
I carry the same Handgun for Grizzly Bear Protection up here and with the Open sights it is much better for quick aquisition of a charging target and for drawing from a hip holster. The Redhawk with Hogue or Pachmayer Grips is a good Hand cannon and shooting .44 specials for target practice helps with the recoil and learning shot placement.
Enjoy it and pick up a few speed loaders to practice with as well.
Rich

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the tips so far, i've already found some good deals on the one site
MidwayUSA - Shooting Supplies, Reloading, Gun Parts, Ammunition, Rifle Scopes & Airguns

and my other thread i posted has been answered i think (in less than 8 hrs)

i knew this was a good idea when i found the forum.

keep the tips coming, i'm one who truly appreciate them. i picked up some winchester cowboy action .44 special loads from the local gun shop on the owners advice for seeing the difference (when i picked up my kids first gun today, a Rossi .22lr/.410) but they are the same 240 grain... i haven't shot them yet, i am going to the range in the morning, but if they are the same grain, i don't understand how they are going to be That different.... but that's what i'm here to learn! so anyway, thanks again, and keep em' coming

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i posted a reply where did it go????

ok i'll try again ??????

thanks for the responses, i've already found scopes i haven't been able to find anywhere else thanks to the link 338winmag posted.

and i'm getting alot of help on my other post about the Ruger .300 rifle thats at my local pawn shop....man that things beautiful.

i knew i had found a what i needed when i found this forum. my first day here has been mega helpfull. keep the comments coming, i'm one of the people that truly appreciates the help!

i picked up some winchester cowboy action .44 special loads today on the advice of my local gun shop owner.

(i was in picking up my kids their first gun: a Rossi .22lr/.410)

i don't understand how the cowboy action shots will be that different when they are also 240 grain like my winchester soft point .44 rem. magnums but that the kind of stuff i'm here to learn.

i'm reading all the info i can find on the web, but the forum has already been more help that the random search engine pages, so please be patient with me. i'm catching up on as much as i can, as fast as i can.

and once again thank for all of your help,it is greatly appreciated!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts