Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the growing anarchist groups in the U.S. wanting to attack homes and businesses , what is your weapon of choice for defending your Alamo ? One of my neighbors recently had a group looking for his group " but they failed to find his retreat " carrying a flame thrower . My group have on occasion recently had to arm ourselves and conduct night time guard patrol . Folks this is serious . Likely a civil war will break out this November . Now shooting at paper targets is basically over and we are entering the blood flowing stage . Again what is your weapon of choice for a night time firefight and what weapon for a daytime firefight .

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I'm glad I live near a small, conservative town. I don't feel an imminent threat here and I avoid big cities. I am well armed at home and currently have a 12 ga in the bedroom along with some handguns. Should things escalate, I'll retrieve my AR10 from the gun safe and keep it handy.

·
God, Guns, Glory
34,624 Posts
Flamethrower?
Where the hell do you live at?
Columbia?

My weapons of choice are 45,/70, or 12 ga. For four-legged insurgents, called grizzly bears.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
exchanging lead is extremely hectic and it induces some serious stress to your system.
it makes small motor skills become increasingly harder to perform.
anything magazine fed and with higher capacities will be superior to anything else under those situations.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Un-coordinated or discussed I was pleased my grandson and I both choose shotguns for a night time firefight. He was guarding the upper realm of our survival retreat while I was guarding the center . Actually a county deputy sheriff joined us that night but I am not sure what his weapon of choice was , but do know he was driving a canine unit vehicle . And to top this off we live in a very remote and rural area on a dirt road . For day time I prefer a scoped bolt action rifle for precise bullet placement .

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,410 Posts
Un-coordinated or discussed I was pleased my grandson and I both choose shotguns for a night time firefight. He was guarding the upper realm of our survival retreat while I was guarding the center . Actually a county deputy sheriff joined us that night but I am not sure what his weapon of choice was , but do know he was driving a canine unit vehicle . And to top this off we live in a very remote and rural area on a dirt road . For day time I prefer a scoped bolt action rifle for precise bullet placement .
If you're really interested in this, I might suggest IF you're going an optic route you have a look towards some form of RDS or a variable optic (such as the Vortex Strike Eagle) that goes 1-6x or 1-8x. While you CAN work a moderate power optic in close (perhaps like a 3 or 4x ACOG) this isn't particularly easy (some types of rifles have offset sights and/or an RMR to help with a close in situation). FWIW, many LE agencies go with an M4 variant with some form of low power optic and/or RMR or RDS (aimpoint, Trijicon MRO, EoTech, etc.). For me, a bolt generally wouldn't be the best option in a defensive rifle and I'd prefer a semi like an M4 (to the extent that it wasn't 4-legged thick skinned high fat predators like bear as a primary threat in which case it'd be a shotgun with slugs or 45-70 lever like the Marlin GBL with ghost rings--although an M4 platform could be used for bear with proper shot placement and many people do this). If I was going the shotgun route I'd prefer a higher capacity pump (like a Mossberg 590) with shorter cylinder bore barrel. Whatever it is, for me I'll needs something that coherently allows for follow up shots. Many people (including me) tend to have issues with shot placement and missing when under a great deal of stress and compressed time constraints (this can be mitigated through training).

I have no idea if our country will stay together or come apart. And there's no way to predict this. Certainly the shenanigans of the major democrap run cities shows that there IS a threat of personal injury, death, and property destruction by gangs of marxist mobs egged on by marxist politicians (not unlike South Africa which seems to be the democraps' favorite model along with their political 'heroes'). I doubt these entities would poke their nose into well-defended rural communities but one never knows. And the democraps thrive on creating hate, strife, and division amongst people who have no real reason to be mad at each other (and should be grateful for what they have to begin with). But almost ALL of one's defensive capabilities lay in mindset and training; the equipment needs to be reliable but is secondary to a person being able to competently use it in a dynamic high stress environment.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
AK Hunter , I like the illuminating flair gun idea . We used them at night in Nam so know the big mortor fired ones will illuminate well . On one night I could clearly see my target in the kill zone about 250 yards out .

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
I'm glad I live near a small, conservative town. I don't feel an imminent threat here and I avoid big cities. I am well armed at home and currently have a 12 ga in the bedroom along with some handguns. Should things escalate, I'll retrieve my AR10 from the gun safe and keep it handy.
I keep a loaded 45 and 38 in the nightstand. Under the bed I have a 20ga double. The safe is open at night with both an AR and 20ga pump at hand. We sleep in the basement so I know that ANY footsteps upstairs are bad guys. there is only one way to our bedroom downstairs. It will rain lead into that entrance.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
With the growing anarchist groups in the U.S. wanting to attack homes and businesses , what is your weapon of choice for defending your Alamo ? One of my neighbors recently had a group looking for his group " but they failed to find his retreat " carrying a flame thrower . My group have on occasion recently had to arm ourselves and conduct night time guard patrol . Folks this is serious . Likely a civil war will break out this November . Now shooting at paper targets is basically over and we are entering the blood flowing stage . Again what is your weapon of choice for a night time firefight and what weapon for a daytime firefight .
FIREFIGHT!!!:rolleyes: These 'rioters' are not military and they will retreat as soon as the bullets start flying. If you target the 'leaders/adjudicators' all you will see is the back side of the 'followers'. ;) So, speaking of a long gun, a John Wayne' assault rifle is more than enough!:usa2:

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
M1 carbine loaded with soft points next to my bed. Wife has a Ruger P85 9mm with PMC hollow points bedside. Chose the M1 carbine with soft points because at close range(home defense) the ballistics are equal to the 357 magnum. Any thing else but home defense as in shtf then it's one of my ARs.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,410 Posts
This thingy here has been useful all over the place and at home too (at least when I finally found mags that didn't crack):

IMG_0454.jpeg

This thingy here is useful as well:

IMG_0028.jpeg

But I REALLY got to liking THIS thingy when I took off the legs (they're useful at times but unnecessarily weigh the gun down) and got a better handstop (it's got a smaller BCM fore grip now further aft):

IMG_0208.jpeg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hard to beat a 12ga with two barrels. One barrel for hunting and the short barrel for defense. Living out in the country, near a ghost town everyone carries guns. We are 100 miles from Albuquerque and that will be where the problem comes from. With a small Walmart and a local grocery, food can run short if the trucks don't arrive. Our freezer and pantry are full, we will see what happens.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
......Again what is your weapon of choice for a night time firefight and what weapon for a daytime firefight .
Armalite AR 10 for both. Carbine and Rifle length models. "Extras" added that help the cause.;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Don't forget the high beam spotlights and laser lights to counter these protestors at night. The protest videos I've seen at night they'll light up your windows with spotlights and then they'll target anyone watching with laser lights to the face and eyes. You may want to get a pair of laser safety glasses or goggles too. Once you've hit them with your own, kindly request they turn off their light and you'll turn yours off. For your safety, If you have a laser on your weapons don't be brandishing the weapon at them. Wait for them to up the ante first.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Same as it has always been. Same as it always will be.

Pistol on my hip.
Shotgun in a corner.
Rifle over the door.
Dog on the porch.
Motion sensor drive way alarms various place BESIDES the driveway.
Gate on the bridge in the driveway.
Lights on the house, FACING AWAY FROM THE HOUSE.
Game cameras scatter around to identify the advance scouts.
A hole already dug up in the woods.

Just a little pro tip here: I turn the vehicles around to face OUT when I park them outside. That way you can fire up those head lights at will from inside the house with just the key fob. Create a distraction with the horn, lights or start it. Might be just the thing in an unfortunate circumstance.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts