Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Backing a vehicle in is sort of a joke amongst my family . I tell them I do that in case we have to make a quick escape . Actually one time it paid off when my son around three years old flooded a bathroom several inches deep that had a tight door to the floor in an Army surplus store . When I opened the door a flood of water came pouring out into the store . While the employees were grabbing squeeges to combat the flood we jumped into the truck and escaped .

·
Registered
893 Posts
Same as it has always been. Same as it always will be.

Pistol on my hip.
Shotgun in a corner.
Rifle over the door.
Dog on the porch.
Motion sensor drive way alarms various place BESIDES the driveway.
Gate on the bridge in the driveway.
Lights on the house, FACING AWAY FROM THE HOUSE.
Game cameras scatter around to identify the advance scouts.
A hole already dug up in the woods.

Just a little pro tip here: I turn the vehicles around to face OUT when I park them outside. That way you can fire up those head lights at will from inside the house with just the key fob. Create a distraction with the horn, lights or start it. Might be just the thing in an unfortunate circumstance.
Wow, you been to my house? Oh, I do not have that hole already dug on the place, but there are gullies big enough for a truck.

I have used the fob to light up the trucks when a noise was heard at night and have used the panic alarm. Never thought about using them for a quick spotlight. Great tip. I have a motor home and 2 vehicles I can point 3 different directions. Triangle beams on those prowlers.

Been using game cameras at the house for decades, got lots of critters like the bobcat in my avatar, 50 yards from my bedroom. They are easy to hide at a level to get tag numbers also. when cameras get old an break, I just put them on the power poles in plain sight about 12 feet up, they can see them but cannot reach them.

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Motion detecting lights in the front and back of the house...I keep the Beretta 1201FP in the room with SIG P320 .45Auto Compact and a Mini-14 GB with barrel stabilizer...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Motion detecting lights in the front and back of the house...I keep the Beretta 1201FP in the room with SIG P320 .45Auto Compact and a Mini-14 GB with barrel stabilizer...
A lot of people may not know, but GE sells a flood light bulb that has it's own motion sensor in it. You just screw it into your existing fixtures. If your existing spot light has a light sensing feature, then it only comes on at night when it sees movement. If not, just leave it on and it only comes on day or night when it detects motion. It is only using 15 watts so no big deal as to cost. FWIW

You cannot have too much light when unwanted visitors show up at night. We have raccoons, rabbits, skunks, possums and an occasional bobcat of coyote only feet from out house and only know because those lights come on. Handy and cheap. The neighbors and anyone watching the house will know they are there, not a bad thing in my view. It is also nice if I need to run out to the truck or shop at night, I know there is nobody or thing out there, and it lights my way as well. Yes it lights me up, but I accept that trade-off. And if I see the light on and need to go out, I carry a second and larger gun.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Motion-...rm-White-Dimmable-Flood-Light-Bulb/1000442839

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Same as it has always been. Same as it always will be.

Pistol on my hip.
Shotgun in a corner.
Rifle over the door.
Dog on the porch.
Motion sensor drive way alarms various place BESIDES the driveway.
Gate on the bridge in the driveway.
Lights on the house, FACING AWAY FROM THE HOUSE.
Game cameras scatter around to identify the advance scouts.
A hole already dug up in the woods.

Just a little pro tip here: I turn the vehicles around to face OUT when I park them outside. That way you can fire up those head lights at will from inside the house with just the key fob. Create a distraction with the horn, lights or start it. Might be just the thing in an unfortunate circumstance.
Thanks for the Great Tip! Never thought about using a vehicle remote as a distraction!

Reminds me of something I learned many years ago when I used to drive many miles night to see my 1st Wife when we were still dating. I was driving back at the end of a 4th of July Weekend and my route took me through several small towns. I was in the military and living on ship so I unless I drove several hours out of my way having a firearm on the trip was out of the question (after this event I always drove the extra to be armed). Long story short I had a truck full of likely drunk locals smash bottle on my vehicle as I was driving wanting to start something and eventually they raced up ahead of me an stopped blocking the road outside of town at 3am. That's a tough spot to be in when you don't know the local area rurally. Long story short I got lucky and someone pulled up behind and they piled back in their truck and turned Left at where that road ended, fortunately I needed to turn Right. At best I would have had my Arse Severly Whooped by a bunch of Drunks at worse I might have been found dead in the morning.

From this event I learned some valuable lessons about traveling at Night -
1. Always Travel Armed even if it's inconvienient to do so.
2. If you're in your vehicle and accosted by someone in another vehicle do whatever it takes to make them get in front of you.
3. Once that happens Stop and turn on your High Beams / Fog Lights, Every forward facing light you have.
4. Turn out your interior lights and and exit the vehicle Armed and either stay behind the cover of your Door or get off to the side as applicable for the Location.
5. If they Choose to get out of the Vehicle you hopefully can see if they are armed and take the first shot if needed.
- This Next one one is going to sound F'd up but it very likely might be the best Option depending on where you are at.
6. If you have to Shoot against multiple assailants and there are no others around Take No prisoners and leave no witnesses.
7. No matter how much you like your weapon destroy it and deep six it afterwards.

I know that sounds cold, but if you are in a location where you are an outsider just my opinion but your odds of getting a fair trial or even making it to court is likely to go like the movie "My Cousin Vinny" only without the happy ending.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
While I'm not at that kind of DEFCON level yet,

My current answer is primarily an AR with 3x Prism Scope and Amplified Range Muffs for Daytime and for Night an AR with NV Compatible Night Sight coupled with a PVS-14 in a Skull Crusher (right Eye) along with the Muffs.

If I have to worry about longer range or need greater Penetration it would likely be a PTR-91 (G3 Clone) with either a 5x Primary Arms Prism scope (Day) or Thermal at Night with the same muffs and PVS-14 switched over to the Left Eye so I can use the Thermal.

One thing I don't see folks mention much is the hearing protection part. But it's worth thinking about for a couple of reasons besides the Obvious, because if you get a pair of Stereo Amplified Range Muffs (they can be had for less than $50) You won't lose Awareness after the first shot is fired (important especially if dealing with multiple threats), and secondly you can crank up the amplification to where you can just about hear a mouse fart at 20 paces so even if someone is trying to flank you at close range and being stealthy you stand a better chance of getting the drop on them (especially if you're older and have some hearing loss like me!).

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
....... because if you get a pair of Stereo Amplified Range Muffs (they can be had for less than $50) You won't lose Awareness after the first shot is fired (important especially if dealing with multiple threats), and secondly you can crank up the amplification to where you can just about hear a mouse fart at 20 paces so even if someone is trying to flank you at close range and being stealthy you stand a better chance of getting the drop on them (especially if you're older and have some hearing loss like me!).
Mine is right next to my AR10, ready to put on! :usa2:

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,399 Posts
Thanks for the Great Tip! Never thought about using a vehicle remote as a distraction!

Reminds me of something I learned many years ago when I used to drive many miles night to see my 1st Wife when we were still dating. I was driving back at the end of a 4th of July Weekend and my route took me through several small towns. I was in the military and living on ship so I unless I drove several hours out of my way having a firearm on the trip was out of the question (after this event I always drove the extra to be armed). Long story short I had a truck full of likely drunk locals smash bottle on my vehicle as I was driving wanting to start something and eventually they raced up ahead of me an stopped blocking the road outside of town at 3am. That's a tough spot to be in when you don't know the local area rurally. Long story short I got lucky and someone pulled up behind and they piled back in their truck and turned Left at where that road ended, fortunately I needed to turn Right. At best I would have had my Arse Severly Whooped by a bunch of Drunks at worse I might have been found dead in the morning.

2. If you're in your vehicle and accosted by someone in another vehicle do whatever it takes to make them get in front of you.
3. Once that happens Stop and turn on your High Beams / Fog Lights, Every forward facing light you have.
4. Turn out your interior lights and and exit the vehicle Armed and either stay behind the cover of your Door or get off to the side as applicable for the Location.
5. If they Choose to get out of the Vehicle you hopefully can see if they are armed and take the first shot if needed.
- This Next one one is going to sound F'd up but it very likely might be the best Option depending on where you are at.
6. If you have to Shoot against multiple assailants and there are no others around Take No prisoners and leave no witnesses.
7. No matter how much you like your weapon destroy it and deep six it afterwards.

I know that sounds cold, but if you are in a location where you are an outsider just my opinion but your odds of getting a fair trial or even making it to court is likely to go like the movie "My Cousin Vinny" only without the happy ending.
Always ascribed to the 'shoot or drive but don't do both' philosophy (at least to the max extent possible) when alone and moving in a car (ironic thing was in an airplane we WERE doing exactly that but our equipment was integral to the controls of the airframe and the entire system was kind of an extension of us). The paradigm can change if you have others along with you.

If I've got a operating decent vehicle (assuming it handles the road and terrain and enough ground clearance to do things I want) I have ALOT of options and a fair bit of energy (as well as a ton of maneuverability). So I'm in a happy zone (at least for me). If I gotta get out to defensively engage a threat I'm not in that happy zone anymore (doesn't mean I won't have to do it but given my druthers I'm much prefer all that steel, power, and energy). But if I gotta do it I'd prefer a long-ish kinda gun (good argument for accessible PDW, pistol build, or rifle/shotgun).

Can I use that happy zone to get to a happy place (i.e. interdiction by LE, some form of friendly territory where the friendly people there know I'm coming with a threat engaging me) -- if so that's what I wanna do. If not, pretty much like ya said. The kind of nice thing is that there are comms existing today to where (not unlike an ACM engagement) you MIGHT be able to call someone for help (it's always better to fight under a mutual support situation then have to do it all yourself--if this is possible). Then again, many rural areas do NOT have cell coverage where I go.

Not sure I completely agree with the last 2; alot depends on weighing the 'flight equals guilt' against the prevailing legal conditions.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Backing a vehicle in is sort of a joke amongst my family . I tell them I do that in case we have to make a quick escape . Actually one time it paid off when my son around three years old flooded a bathroom several inches deep that had a tight door to the floor in an Army surplus store . When I opened the door a flood of water came pouring out into the store . While the employees were grabbing squeeges to combat the flood we jumped into the truck and escaped .
I ALWAYS back my truck, tractor, and riding mower into their garage spaces, for the same reasons the fire departments do.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I keep several sets of batteries charged up for my Night vision scope on one of my 6.8 AR's for any type of dark thirty use.
It would really have to get bad for any of the citified protestor's to make it out where I live. I also have hidden sensors that set off an alarm if someone comes down my driveway, so unless someone comes through a cow pasture on foot, I'd know about it.

I really don't see it getting bad outside the big city or urban areas. If it does,they won't last long when they try to play with the country folk. I don't play well with other's!

·
Registered
893 Posts

I differ with your tactical idea and here is why. First, you should never stop, drive down the sidewalk or through nice landscaped yards but do not stop. The minute you do, what may have been game playing or road rage, you have turned into a fight and when you raise up your lawful weapon, you have just elevated the fight to deadly force. The old lady peaking out the window will not tell the same story you do.

Just look at all the stand your ground cases around the nation. Many have not ended well and even if you win, how many years do you want to spend in court?

Next, the problem with disposing of the bad guys bodies and burying the gun, is that since the invention of Onstar, cell phones, toll passes, and credit cards, it is pretty EZ to locate who has passed through a small town. Not so much a large city, but a small town, not so hard, just time consuming.

I had a case once where I tracked a person from their work in a small town, 30 miles to their home, to another state about 100 miles north and then to spring break 800 miles south and back, about 1,800 miles total. Credit cards prove where she had been, what booze she bought--lots of it, gas in every town she stopped in, food she bought and hotel rooms, etc. Security cameras will prove it was you using the card and pumping the gas. Every C store or Walmart has nice pictures of you. All investigators today look at all the home, business, and toll booth security cameras in the area of a death or crime to get a big list of who was going that direction or had been there there that night. All the old men and old ladies and families with 4-5 kids in the car are usually eliminated from the list.

If there is no obvious motive they start looking for drug deals, angry ex wives or boyfriends etc. They will go through all the phone records of the dead guys and run all those leads, if they come up dry, they will look for strangers, maybe road rage or just robbery or a crime spree, that turns the search to all of the people who are not local. If you drove by just one residential or security camera near that small town at the time of the killing, then you are on the list.

If they find the bodies with lots of .223 holes in them, then they will look down the list for people who post guns on their facebook posts, or have CCW permits---not much use looking for people who do not own guns if your bodies have 15-20 bullet holes in them. If your tag number just appeared on one camera near the crime scene, that is all they need to focus on you. They do not need a search warrant to look at all these security cameras and every place you showed up in public. They do not need a warrant to get your name from the card you used at the local gas station. If they want your records from the credit card company, they "may" need a warrant, look at the privacy terms on your credit card. Usually you agree to let them use your info for cooperating with law enforcement. If they do, they may can look at all your credit car purchases forever and see what ammo and gun you have bought it the past. Or they can get the warrant. If you have purchased 223 guns or ammo, you just went up on the list. If the find your have bought say Hornady ammo for your 223 and there is a Hornady case at the scene, well you just moved further up the list.

They can show up and interview you, or they might have enough to get a warrant for your text, emails and phone records. If you have texted anything strange the night of the shooting, then you are the focus and move higher on the list. I could go on and on because I have been involved in or seen many long term investigations where somebody is suddenly dead and there is no apparent motive. If they have good bullets intact from one of the bodies, then they go on a quest to match that bullet either to your gun, OR sometimes they do not need the gun you destroyed, all they need to do is find a place you normally go shoot and find one bullet that matches the one at the crime scene. That makes you the number one suspect and likely will get you indicted. I am aware of one case where the suspect had a place behind his house where he shot his guns. When they got the warrant they then had the right to dig up bullets from the berm behind his target. Boom, they found a match, the evidence at the point proved that (1) he was near the scene of the crime when it was committed, and (2) that a bullet from his yard matched a bullet in the dead guy. That is circumstantial evidence, but when he suddenly claimed his gun was sold at a gun show it became obvious he was the shooter and the investigation intensified. The people who suddenly claim their guns were sold at a gun show, always forget that there are cameras showing you coming and going at gun shows and sometimes inside. Most public ranges film you shooting indoors for their insurance purposes and they have log of any ammo you bought each time you went there, so if you claim you sold your Glock 40 and they have videos of you shooting one later, the jury will usually get to see that if you testify, it shows that you lied and would destroy your credibility.

The guy above who had the matching bullet behind his house, also had cell phone records that showed that he was at or near the shooting scene at the time in question. He was convicted.

Just saying, there is just too much surveillance today to just shoot someone in self defense and just drive away. And of course, you would want to call the medics from a safe place and show you wanted to get them medical help, just as soon as you stopped them from shooting at you. Right? Just too much stuff you cannot control even if you were 100% in the right. Just my 2 cents.

·
Less well known member
5,069 Posts
Flamethrower?
Where the hell do you live at?
Columbia?

My weapons of choice are 45,/70, or 12 ga. For four-legged insurgents, called grizzly bears.
Actually one of my neighbors (the state senator one) has a real flame thrower. He was using it to burn out weeds and other stuff. Christian said he was a little surprised, and a lot impressed, when he went over to give him the wedding invitation.

So, I guess they are available.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I just realized how screwed 'they' are if 'they' try to use any of that to track me down.
LOL, if you have a cell phone or a sportswatch they know exactly where your watch is right now. If you have a sportswatch on your wrist, like a Fit bit, they also know your location, whether your are moving or not and your heart rate. some of them know your blood pressure. All that data goes to cloud storage. Remember when Clapper got caught lying about the intercept of meta data of phone calls? Every phone call we make is stored in one of 11 massive warehouses now. Probably a lot more than 11 mega=warehouses. So, far we still do not think they know what we are thinking at this moment.

Yep, they are tracking us. LOL

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
chuckle.
my cell [flip] phone is analogue and the highest tech piece of equipment I own.
I guess someone maybe could track it, but they'd be more bored than the guy they hired to watch the paint dry.
it hasn't so much as rang other than a scam number in 5 months [and hasn't left my house in over 3 years] we all know nobody can track those down.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I differ with your tactical idea and here is why. First, you should never stop, drive down the sidewalk or through nice landscaped yards but do not stop. The minute you do, what may have been game playing or road rage, you have turned into a fight and when you raise up your lawful weapon, you have just elevated the fight to deadly force. The old lady peaking out the window will not tell the same story you do.

Just look at all the stand your ground cases around the nation. Many have not ended well and even if you win, how many years do you want to spend in court?

Next, the problem with disposing of the bad guys bodies and burying the gun, is that since the invention of Onstar, cell phones, toll passes, and credit cards, it is pretty EZ to locate who has passed through a small town. Not so much a large city, but a small town, not so hard, just time consuming.

I had a case once where I tracked a person from their work in a small town, 30 miles to their home, to another state about 100 miles north and then to spring break 800 miles south and back, about 1,800 miles total. Credit cards prove where she had been, what booze she bought--lots of it, gas in every town she stopped in, food she bought and hotel rooms, etc. Security cameras will prove it was you using the card and pumping the gas. Every C store or Walmart has nice pictures of you. All investigators today look at all the home, business, and toll booth security cameras in the area of a death or crime to get a big list of who was going that direction or had been there there that night. All the old men and old ladies and families with 4-5 kids in the car are usually eliminated from the list.

If there is no obvious motive they start looking for drug deals, angry ex wives or boyfriends etc. They will go through all the phone records of the dead guys and run all those leads, if they come up dry, they will look for strangers, maybe road rage or just robbery or a crime spree, that turns the search to all of the people who are not local. If you drove by just one residential or security camera near that small town at the time of the killing, then you are on the list.

If they find the bodies with lots of .223 holes in them, then they will look down the list for people who post guns on their facebook posts, or have CCW permits---not much use looking for people who do not own guns if your bodies have 15-20 bullet holes in them. If your tag number just appeared on one camera near the crime scene, that is all they need to focus on you. They do not need a search warrant to look at all these security cameras and every place you showed up in public. They do not need a warrant to get your name from the card you used at the local gas station. If they want your records from the credit card company, they "may" need a warrant, look at the privacy terms on your credit card. Usually you agree to let them use your info for cooperating with law enforcement. If they do, they may can look at all your credit car purchases forever and see what ammo and gun you have bought it the past. Or they can get the warrant. If you have purchased 223 guns or ammo, you just went up on the list. If the find your have bought say Hornady ammo for your 223 and there is a Hornady case at the scene, well you just moved further up the list.

They can show up and interview you, or they might have enough to get a warrant for your text, emails and phone records. If you have texted anything strange the night of the shooting, then you are the focus and move higher on the list. I could go on and on because I have been involved in or seen many long term investigations where somebody is suddenly dead and there is no apparent motive. If they have good bullets intact from one of the bodies, then they go on a quest to match that bullet either to your gun, OR sometimes they do not need the gun you destroyed, all they need to do is find a place you normally go shoot and find one bullet that matches the one at the crime scene. That makes you the number one suspect and likely will get you indicted. I am aware of one case where the suspect had a place behind his house where he shot his guns. When they got the warrant they then had the right to dig up bullets from the berm behind his target. Boom, they found a match, the evidence at the point proved that (1) he was near the scene of the crime when it was committed, and (2) that a bullet from his yard matched a bullet in the dead guy. That is circumstantial evidence, but when he suddenly claimed his gun was sold at a gun show it became obvious he was the shooter and the investigation intensified. The people who suddenly claim their guns were sold at a gun show, always forget that there are cameras showing you coming and going at gun shows and sometimes inside. Most public ranges film you shooting indoors for their insurance purposes and they have log of any ammo you bought each time you went there, so if you claim you sold your Glock 40 and they have videos of you shooting one later, the jury will usually get to see that if you testify, it shows that you lied and would destroy your credibility.

The guy above who had the matching bullet behind his house, also had cell phone records that showed that he was at or near the shooting scene at the time in question. He was convicted.

Just saying, there is just too much surveillance today to just shoot someone in self defense and just drive away. And of course, you would want to call the medics from a safe place and show you wanted to get them medical help, just as soon as you stopped them from shooting at you. Right? Just too much stuff you cannot control even if you were 100% in the right. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for your Input, and I agree with most of it. I came to that conclusion years ago based on my experience and the truth is that Technology has changed which you pointed out, making such actions if necessary much more difficult on different levels. Would I still Stop if the situation got unmanageable and there wasn't safety in a known short distance? Yes and at the nearest point where I would have as much of a tactical advantage as possible, and if someone was serious enough to Stop and Exit their vehicle with intent to do harm then it would not end well, and any actions after that would be based on the other variables of the situation.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks for your Input, and I agree with most of it. I came to that conclusion years ago based on my experience and the truth is that Technology has changed which you pointed out, making such actions if necessary much more difficult on different levels. Would I still Stop if the situation got unmanageable and there wasn't safety in a known short distance? Yes and at the nearest point where I would have as much of a tactical advantage as possible, and if someone was serious enough to Stop and Exit their vehicle with intent to do harm then it would not end well, and any actions after that would be based on the other variables of the situation.
Yes there are too many variables, especially when you are alone and there are more than one of them. In my young days, I spent about 6 years assigned to a military protective service pool, meaning on any day I could get a call to deploy anywhere in the world to go protect some US or foreign dignitary.

Anyone volunteering for the program went to several government and contract, anti-terrorism schools. Anti-terrorist driving school was one. We practiced driving 100 mph shooting blanks or at 60 mph shooting at targets along a roadway. If you have a semi auto of sub-machine gun the brass bouncing all over the inside of the car, not good. Nobody shoots good while moving, every little bump changes the direction of a bullet. And any round inside a car is noisy, very noisy.

The cardinal rule back then is you never got out of any car that was moveable. Most full size cars will weigh 5,000 pounds or so. So, if someone was trying to stop you, and you were already motion, you just ran over anybody or anything that was a threat or you just put something that will stop bullets between you and the bad guys. I have been in that situation with real terrorists on the ground and trying to kill our principal that day. I have used cars to drive down sidewalks and across curbs, even had very scared people diving out of the way, etc. As long as you are moving you are alive and moving away from danger.

My point is that is still probably a good idea both tactically and legally to stay in the car as long as it moves. Once you get out of vehicle with guns in hand you are not trying to avoid a deadly force encounter, you have changed these people following you or harassing you into into a gun fight. Much like Kyle Rittenhouse, once he was down he had no choice but to shoot, now look at his life.

And that is what a prosecutor will see and maybe a jury, if they see you exit, their passengers should be shooting at you at that point if they are really serious. You might get them all and only get 1 or 4 hits yourself. Once you get out, your only way to not get hit is to move. If you are agile and fast, that may be a good idea. But they only have to tag you once and you are no longer agile or moveable. They do not have to aim at you anymore, they just aim low and all the bullets will ricochet your way, usually coming off a hard surface at an angle between 6% and 15% degrees. That is why our guys are taught to just shoot low at anyone on the ground. I have no clue if some road rage or protestors or antifa knows that, it is just a matter off physics. I can tell you that all trained US military and protective service type people know to do that. That is exactly what we were taught.

Anyway, a valuable topic to plan for, it is entirely possible in these times.

·
Registered
437 Posts
With the growing anarchist groups in the U.S. wanting to attack homes and businesses , what is your weapon of choice for defending your Alamo ? One of my neighbors recently had a group looking for his group " but they failed to find his retreat " carrying a flame thrower . My group have on occasion recently had to arm ourselves and conduct night time guard patrol . Folks this is serious . Likely a civil war will break out this November . Now shooting at paper targets is basically over and we are entering the blood flowing stage . Again what is your weapon of choice for a night time firefight and what weapon for a daytime firefight .
At night in close quarters I recommend the Mossberg 590 12 Gauge Shockwave pump shotgun loaded with bb or 00 buck 000 buck , and a 9mm or .45 Side Arm. During the Day an AR-15 and a 9mm or .45 Side Arm . In some cases a precision rim fire Rifle & Pistol with day & night vision scope. I have a light laser on my XDM 9MM Tactical .

·
Registered
19,873 Posts
There'd be such a blinding belch of fire that no one would see the hawk coming :D

Dude, there is waaaay too much reality in this right now.

This may sound like BS, because I never would have believed it until I was here myself, but a lot of people are moving to flintlocks, crossbows, and high-powered air guns all of a sudden.

We have sold record numbers of flintlocks since the panic began. At first I just thought it was because people were stuck at home, and internet shopping passed the time. Pretty much every online seller of any product had a boost, so I figured that was all.

Then we started getting calls. People are actually planning to have to use these in an EOTW situation. Ammo is hard to get, primers for BP guns are running out everywhere - with no new production on the horizon until the ammo panic calms down, there is no background check or paper trail for these, the Democrats aren't likely to go after them, and people are buying them at record numbers.

Worst comes to worst they reckon they could make powder, and flint, agate, pyrite and a lot of other things can be used for a spark in a pinch. The Confederates had to use clay for round balls by the end, so lead isn't even a necessity.

Not that long ago people were giving me crap for planning around a Lee-Enfield, and now people are seriously planning to jump back even farther technologically.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts