Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i personally know a guy that has a .270 weatherby vanguard for sale that he offered me for $350 becuz we are friends. My questionis is, is the gun worth $350? It comes with a 4x12x40 A/O simmons scope:feedback:

·
Registered
405 Posts
its worth it if its in good shape. they dont kid around when they say nothing shoots flatter hits harder and is more accurate than a weatherby rifle

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
The flat shooting and hard hitting is the Weatherby cartridges. When chambered for a more typical cartridge, the ballistics will be the same as a Remington or Winchester, so it's the feeding system and accuracy that distinguish Weatherby. I like the Weatherby Vanguard feeding and extraction more than Remington, Winchester, or Savage. Its bolt is comparable to Steyr and Tikka rifles, but with the ability to top-feed.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anybody have one of the new Sub M.O.A.'s? Was wondering how they liked it.

I bought my nephew a Weatherby Vanguard youth model (with adult size stock for down the road) in 7mm-08 (with a Leupold scope) for christmas last year, and his mom is finally letting me take him out to shoot it this year. :) Yeah, I spoil him rotten, but that's what uncles are supposed to do!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello
considering this is the gun i shot my first deer with, i know a bit about it. But as two-70 was saying i bought mine at walmart for $475. and the scope that comes with is a great scope. if it was keep up and cleaned its worth atlease $300

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeh, not a bad price but I'll keep the Weatherby Mark V. I do however find that any Weatherby I've ever handled is worth any amount. It is smooth and accurate. I like the top load also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would say that is a very good buy!
I love my Vanguard 300WSM pictured below with a Millett 4-16X56 scope, brand new never fired, yet!
Come on Spring!

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Nice rifle and like all said if it's in good shape buy it.....

Here's a friendly reminder to everbody...Most all American Firearm manufactures todate recently have revamped there firearms with better triggers, better barrels and some type of bedding material or free floated.

The old days are just about gone that you might or might not get a smooth operating very very acurate rifle.
Example my new Ruger Hawkeye there's nothing else Ruger can improve they've done it all...Remingtons have a new trigger systems and many more manufactures have made refinements to there rifles.
Production rifles are better than they were from just a couple years ago, So it getting down to which brand you prefer...A.H

1 - 16 of 16 Posts