Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I love the looks of the Weatherby and only wish that years ago when they brought them out I would have bought one.A friend of mine bought one back then and still owns it,

·
Registered
20 Posts
XX11

picked one up few years ago. paid $190 with tax and NCIC cost. had the XX11 scope, so now have complete XX11 rifle tube fed. looks new. shoots just great even with the cheap XX11 scope. giving it to my gran-daughter. can't believe going prices, $600 to $1100.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll got a thing for the Beretta steel butplate no rosewood clip feed rifles.

I like to think of them as the real Weatherby XXII's

·
I can justify anything.
4,879 Posts
I picked up an Anschutz version of the XXII a year ago and put a Leopold Rifleman 2x7x32 on it.. It's a beautiful rifle (and expensive) and I'm afraid to take it out squirrel hunting.

I did find a perfect use for it, though.. Used it last weekend in a CMP rimfire sporter match and managed a Silver Medal. The match is held indoors and at 50' and I had a problem at first with the scope set at 6x, it was a bit fuzzy and I couldn't adjust the eyepeice to get a clear look.. Halfway through the match I dropped it down to 4x and instantly my score got better and I could see what I was doing. :) My slow prone fire was a 86 out of 100 with a fuzzy picture, and after adusting I managed a 98 in the standing slow fire. Looking forward to the next match.

The rifle shoots better than I do, for sure!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts