Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a company that makes the Encore rifle barrels in Weatherby calibers? .257, 270, or .340? I am wanting to buy the encore frame and thought the Weatherby might be a good choice in barrels.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
i have an enocre and have looked at lots a places for barrels and i have not seen any in weatherby calibers what soever, little strange they dont, lots of people shoot them

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
Put Douglas Barrels on your search bar and they chamber for Weatherbys.They make special order barrels but I dont know about encore.Contact them and find out.Douglas makes great bbl,s often used in competition. sam.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Weatherby is almost always overbore

Aside from the .340 which is regarded as their best (efficient)
round Weatherby cartridges are overbore. This means a very large case with much extra powder for a rather small gain in performance. Expect to pay a premium price for a Weatherby proprietary round in a barrel due to the lack of demand.
I suggest you check comparative ballistic tables and think about a more conventional round.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the Weatherby cartridges as they squeeze about as much velocity out of the particular caliber they are in. I wouldn't think that it would be that hard to chamber a barrel in one I am just wondering if there is a licensing issue or something. I have searched several custom barrel sites and haven't found one that does chamber for the weatherby. If they can do a 375JDJ I would think they could do a weatherby caliber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts