close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wehrmacht K31 with a beech stock...

Discussion in 'Swiss Rifles' started by Guisan, Jun 22, 2013.

1. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Was it rebarreled to 8x57 or did they rework the existing chamber and bore for 8x57?

2. Guisan

Guisan G&G Regular

NL
    Have no idea, this thing was offered on an auction some 6 years ago.

3. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The Wehrmach? Isn't that German? Or is it like the same word in Swiss?

4. bnz/44 ?? I think I have an Austrian Steyr manufactured K98k roll stamped to that effect somewhere in the vault. Did that firm perhaps manufacture K31s for the Swiss prior to World War II and prior to the Nazi "annexation" of Austria? Interesting thought.

5. Dark1

Dark1 Suspended

Remember the Germans used many different guns for there rear echelon troops this is probability one such riffle that was rebarreled for the 7.92x57 by the Germans to be reissued to reserve troops that did this alot I have seen manlickers and MNs rebarreled to 7.92.

**** Auto Correct !!!!!!!!!

6. Dark1

Dark1 Suspended

The 44 is for 1944 so that is way after Germany controlled Austria.

7. Dark1

Dark1 Suspended

8. If the Austrians (bnz) already had the machine tools from pre-war manufacturing, then it stands to reason that they would have continued to make K31s in their own caliber of 8x57 sometime after 1939/40. In 1944 and 1945 the Nazis were even converting Italian Carcano rifles and carbines to 8x57. Captured Mosins were "generally" kept as they were since the Germans had plenty of captured Soviet 7.62x54R literally by the warehouse load and train load. My theory on the K-31 was based only on observation of the images and my own knowledge of history.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  9. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

Never say never. Amazing rifle.