close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WeightLifting! Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Chris, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well I just had one session with a fellow Gun and Game Admin, I must say, I am very impressed. Weight Lifting is not a hobby, its a way of life.

I truly have admiration for people like that, and I hope to change my life for the better with it. It keeps you healthy as well as strong.

I feel rather "dead" at the moment, so if I do not come on the board for a few days, just know I will be back soon....soon is the key word here...

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yup, I pump up my biceps 12 ozs. at a time,I call them my disposible Budbells...:cheer:

3. I used to live for it--well now the remote is a challenge.

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I do it all day long at work...liftin' & totin'

5. NRAJOE--just in case you are a little behind--they have 16 oz's now. They are a little more of a challenge.

6. NRAJOE

Heck, I might as well go for the Arnold Swartzenburper 40 ouncers and get real buff (or ripped both ways!)

7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Paddling, biking, and moving heavy objects is enough for me.
    BTW: I naturally have very high levels of creatinine and other growth type hormones, so I am pretty muscular, whether I work out or not.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2002
  8. Chris

wow...Klaus...is that more of a gift or a curse? Not too sure by your post.....

I am trying to do it for health, and it gets women...

9. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

ok now...

That's wymyn Chris, let's be a little bit more politically correct for any feminist who might wander in here now... shall we?! HA!!! Chris also slammed his first protien shake this afternoon. He is well on his way!

Jesse

10. Chris

Sorry, forgive me! I forgot about the confused youngsters we have trolling around!!

I also just had a protien for breakfast!! Not too bad at all!! Off to the store to pick up some of that stuff!!

11. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Lets see 5 night a week directly after work then i have all the work around the house + I average 1000 pieces of ammo reloaded a week so you can imagine the workout there of course it usually takes one to two hours

12. NRAJOE

Actually worked out alot in the mid and late 80's. Got pretty buff but didn't have the strength to keep up the regimen. Hit the weights again in 96-98 and got some results and backslid again. Still got a bench and a set of weights in my den. Keep saying I'm gonna hit them again but I still keep hanging my clothes on it. On a diet right now and have lost 15lbs. Maybe when I hit my target weight I'll pick 'em up again.

13. Chris

NRAJoe, I hear that, took me a year to loose about 80 lbs and my father and Jesse both realy convinced me I needed to start lifting otherwise it was wothless...

14. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

okay guys with the number I am seeing here what diets are you using -- I could use to drop 30lbs to get back to where I was a few years back. I work out hard everyday weights and cardio. Cut way back on intake, I know muscle mass is heavier than fat but what I would give to have the 33" waist again versus the 38"

15. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Go through the RIP program!!!

I was 19 yrs old and 195lbs and pretty buff when I started RIP, 19 yrs old and 155lbs and skinny when I got my tab!

Now thats a work out, 10 weeks no food, no sleep and pull'n up the world!

Now I get in 50 push ups and 50 pull ups with 100 sit ups 3-4 times a week, can't run anymore, (thanks Panama), but the last check up had the pumper still pump'n regularly and in time.

And of course all week at least 5-6 rounds of 12oz curls per day!!

16. Chris

Well Shaun, I am a pretty big guy and young considering, but I am built big, and I still have some fat on me, but I am a size 40, 38 depending on what it is, this is a great size considering I once was a size 50!

I just went on the no fat self determination diet, I made. I had no dea if it would work, but now I am on the Jesse MuffinMasher Plan....

17. Chris--Just a suggestion lose what you want to before adding muscle mass. Or it will make you look bigger than you want.

18. Chris

I am pretty down at the moment, when I say I have fat remaining, I meant pinchable, normal fat...I currently weigh in a 220-224 any normal day. Prior to starting anything..

19. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I am 6'3, 46" around chest, 40" waist, 36" inseam, weighing 250 pounds.

20. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

well Chris you sound like you have good disipline -- I have to use the metabolife's

basically I built my legs heavy with Biking(pedaling) 300 miles a week for 2 years when I was out of the academy -- since then I have hit the weights I have most in upper body mass go no gut at all -- I just question where I would like to be I'm 6'2", 240lbs, 50" Chest, 18.5" Neck, 38" Waist

Do we sound like a bunch of women or what? LOL