Weird Picture

Discussion in 'Humor Forum' started by CopperniX, Sep 22, 2010.

1. CopperniX

CopperniX G&G Hall Monitor Staff Member

Ok This was originally posted in the test forum just so i could double check that it showed up right but Before you look at it let me tell you. Its One continuous picture. This works the best if you start at the top of the picture (obviously) and just hold the down arrow so it goes down smoothly.
    [​IMG]

2. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Evangelist

360 panorama. There are cameras now (expensive high tech stuff for surveyors and such) that you set up on a tripod and push 'go' and they create a picture like that with no editing. Of course, a skilled photographer can produce such a photo by splicing several images.

3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Afton NY
    Any photography experts here, or was this taken by a rubberneck? Good post copperniX, i'm waiting to hear how this was done.

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Afton NY
    I didn't click fast enough. You beat me to the question Barry. Thanks for explaining! I figured trick photography , or something.

5. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

There is software available that will "splice" photos together like this. Canon used to provide it with their digital cameras.

6. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

That is an awesome pic!

7. CopperniX

CopperniX G&G Hall Monitor Staff Member

I dunno exactly how it was done. It might of used one of them panoramic cameras who knows i just got it and figured everyone would get a kick out of it. When I first saw this i stared at it for the better part of 15 minutes just scrolling up and down.

8. 99dragon99

99dragon99 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

That is a really cool pic!

I bought a cheap GE camera in the UK this summer that has a panorama function on it. It does this kind of thing without any editing necessary.

I also found some freeware that automatically splices pictures to a panorama pic. The ones I tried worked pretty good.

9. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

I wonder, if I can do that with my Kodak Brownie?