Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all. Stumbled across the site and have been looking through and have decided to hang my hat and stay a while (if ya'll don't mind). Had a quick question I hope ya'll might be able to help me out with...

I just purchased a Savage 116 FXP3. Its the package rifle. I decided to go this route because I've heard nothing but great things about how Savage packages their guns. I know a "package" scope isn't going to be the best or most reliable. But while I can use it before I swap on something else, I'd like to see how it shoots.

Anyway, it came with a synth. stock and I have been looking around at some others (Monty Carlo style or something with an elevated cheek rest).

Question: I've come across a few that I'm interested in but wasn't sure if they would be compatable with my rifle simply because they are advertised as fitting Savage model 110. I know the triple digit savages are the LA and the doubles are SA. I'm curious if the mounting and setup are the same among all savage LA rifles. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time. I look forward to many more questions :)

-ender

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Yes, they are all the same, Savage centerfires all use the same action. Basically, what it amounts to, is that every Savage centerfire rifle is just a 110, with different bells and whistles, dictating their Model #

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they are all the same, Savage centerfires all use the same action. Basically, what it amounts to, is that every Savage centerfire rifle is just a 110, with different bells and whistles, dictating their Model #

Thanks a lot WinMag. I had sort of guessed that after handling a few and noticing that they all basically felt the same. Chambered in .300 winmag. Getting out on the bench on Sunday. Gunna try and spend all day and maybe take her up to 500yards. We'll see.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Thanks a lot WinMag. I had sort of guessed that after handling a few and noticing that they all basically felt the same. Chambered in .300 winmag. Getting out on the bench on Sunday. Gunna try and spend all day and maybe take her up to 500yards. We'll see.
Good luck, if ya have anymore questions, just give me a holler

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just re-barreled a Savage "package" .22-250 to .22-250 Ackley improved. New barrel is a bull cofiguration, old was a lightweight, so the Savage synthetic stock had to go. (No great loss.) I looked at Boyd's, but their spotty availability didn't fit my schedule. I bought a Savage laminated stock from Midway. Perfect fit. Rifle shoots great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts