Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after debating with myself between the styer m95 and the Enfield for my next gun, I chose the Enfield. because of ammo and clip availability, of course the Enfield would of won hands down anyways.

I also have one question.

1. when you pull the safety back, then pull the trigger then push the safety foward the hammer drops down to half cock. is this supposed to be this way?

Note: That the chamber was really rusty when I disassemble it but a some scraping with a knife and a little bit of oil solved that problem, also the second picture makes it look worse than it really is.

Heres some photos.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,601 Posts
Congrats.
The weapon should not drop to 1/2 cock when you do what you described. I don't know why it would???

·
Ahh..Cordite.
911 Posts
I would use NOXON to rid the firearm of its rust..
Mine was pretty bad, but after letting the wood "sweat" for about 4 hours in the Az. sun (100+) and a good cleaning she shoots wonderful.
Fine weapon you have there, looks like it saw some action and the color is really deep. Thats why I let mine sweat a little..It gets all of the bad oil and grease out so you can use a gun grade furniture oil on it. After I did mine it lightened up about 7 shades..

Good gun, good buy.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, although I kind of like the dark color of the stock, as for the rust I'll get some Noxon as you suggested. I'm taking it shooting tomorrow so I'll have a range report soon.

O and one more Q: what is the loop in front of the magazine for?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got mine for 187 +tax. had to beg my mom for some money cause I only had 180, so I paid my 180 and she paid the other part, she also bought me some ammo. hehe I have such a nice mom:kiss:

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
I got mine for 187 +tax. had to beg my mom for some money cause I only had 180, so I paid my 180 and she paid the other part, she also bought me some ammo. hehe I have such a nice mom:kiss:
my mom bought me my 1st pistol!:fest06:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice rifle identicle to my own, same year as well, mine has the number 37L1478 on the wrist so not tooooo far away from yours :)

I came on here to get this message

"Hello Beaker it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums? "

Sorry its been a while but I have been in Rarotonga snorkelling the reef and generally escaping the miserable winter down here in NZ. Its a hard life but someone has to live it why not me:burnout:

Just to add, value your Moms young fellas I lost mine last year to breast cancer and while I did value her all my life I miss her heaps. (She wouldn't have bought me a pistol though)

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
my moms a *******. she says boys are supposed to have guns.
gotta love it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts