close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well wriiten article on the 10MM

Discussion in 'Ammunition Reports' started by K75RT, Feb 13, 2018.

1. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Good read.
    I’d like to get a 10 someday, maybe.

TXplt, FortyXDM and big shrek like this.

2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

That was a good writeup of the 10MM AUTO cartridge.

IF you are looking for a 10MM AUTO pistol, and you are not a Glock hater, I highly recommend the Glock Model 20. It was designed specifically for full power 10MM AUTO ammunition. Mine takes a pounding all day long on the firing line, with no issues!

TXplt likes this.
  3. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

After Ten Man last wrote about the 10 some time back, others weighed in and I started to get the "wants" bad. Things settled a bit, and now you guys are stirring it up again......Thanks.

cjleete, TXplt and Ten Man like this.
  4. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Just trying to help!

I got a Ruger Blackhawk 10MM and 40S&W Convertible SS Revolver with 6.5" barrel for Christmas.:D

5. FortyXDM

You are NOT helping.....more like rubbing in the salt buddy. :) :(

cjleete, TXplt and Ten Man like this.
  6. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

austinjoe13 likes this.
  7. FortyXDM

Perfect 10.png Think I found it.......

K75RT and Ten Man like this.
  8. FortyXDM

sweeeeet.

Ten Man likes this.
  9. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

That's the Springfield Armory 10MM AUTO Pistol.

I have been looking at getting a 1911 in 10MM. I have not done so, yet, because I am not convinced that the 1911 style pistol can stand up to the pounding of the full power 10MM ammo.

10. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

I chose the 10 mm EAA Witness.

Attached Files:

11. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Do you load your own FULL POWER ammo for it? Will it handle a couple hundred rounds of those full power loads in a day?

12. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

I only load & shoot full house loads in my 10mm. and some of them you won't find in any reloading manual. in a typical range session I will go through at least 200 rounds. if I want light loads, I put the .40 Short & Wimpy bbl in. actually the Witness is the strongest 10mm pistol out there. the case is fully supported in the chamber and you don't get the "Glock smiles" and bulge on your brass.

TXplt likes this.
  13. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I've never had a "Glock Smile" or bulged brass from my Glock 20 GEN 3, either.

I'm glad to hear the EAA Witness is stout. How many rounds does the magazine hold?

14. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I have 4 10mm pistols, and a 10mm carbine, and a Mechtech CCU to make one of my pistols a carbine.

I think I'm covered.;)

cjleete and jerry like this.
  15. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

do you shoot hot reloads? unless you buy ammo made by Buffalo Bore, Double Tap or other specialty ammo companies, no major factory loads their 10mm ammo to full potential. Norma used to but long ago they succumbed to the same fear of lawyers that the other ammo mfgrs. have. what baffles me is that here is an auto pistol round capable of magnum revolver performance and the ammo companies have casterated the round because some wimps couldn't handle it.
    the Witness magazine holds 14 rds.

16. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I load my own 10MM to max SAAMI specs. I get 1200-1250 fps with 180 grain FMJ bullets.

The "factory" ammo, other than the "specialty" stuff, is pretty tame. The ammo manufacturers are geared for SELLING what the market will buy. Up until the last year or two, buyers were afraid, or too cheap, to buy full power ammo.

Thanks for the Witness info.

blaster likes this.
  17. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I hear the original Norma factory rounds were pretty much way stronger than most factory rounds today. Maybe the only comparable factory loads today are from Underwood and Buffalo Bore?

blaster likes this.
  18. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I still find it odd that the 10mm is cool now but it sucked 100 years ago.

19. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

It is a bit odd, until you consider that the metallurgy of 100 years ago was not as good as it is now. Back then, BIGGER caliber was what everyone wanted.

K75RT likes this.