close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

went shooting today....almost

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Snakebite, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Got up real early this morning to drive out to my favorite shooting spot. Loaded the car and brought the new 91/30 and an M44 that I havent shot yet. When I got there the road was barricaded off because of the drought we've been having. The entire forest was closed including the nearby lake. I drove home the long way to go to another shooting spot. It is a really rough dirt road but I made it in my car. When I got there, there were dozens of signs that said No Shooting. I decided to go to the range on my way home and when I got there, it was crowded. Seems like everyone was out today. Disappointed, I drove home and put the toys away. Over 100 miles this morning and never fired a shot. The only good thing about today is that I dont have to clean the guns. Cant wait much longer to see how that new Tula shoots!:nod:

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

lifes a beach ain't it!!! i guess with all the fires going on the officals erred on the side of caution.:confused:

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I hate when that happens. If I had a dime for every time I went to the range, only to have to wait an hour and a half to shoot....

4. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

h'mmm,dry conditions and an m-44,can ya blame 'em for shutting you out? sounds like another wildfire in the making to me! better luck next time,though.