close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

went shooting

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by wes, Jul 4, 2002.

1. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Got out today with my m-1 carbine and .460 Rowland,had a great time.:spam:

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Man I bet that .460 Rowland kicks like a mule...but its got to be a great soda can killer :). Ive been wanting a .458 win mag for plinking.....

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Only shot a .458 mag once,that really was enough for me. The .460 isn't all that bad, the compensator does it's job.

4. is the kick anything like a .460 weatherby? a guy let me shoot his once at the range, only thing i could say after that was, WOW!
    -Jesse

5. wes

wes G&G Newbie

.460 Rowland is a pistol round,based on a .45 auto. Brings it up to around .44 magnum specs. Mine's on a 1911 frame,and I believe they also make a kit for Glocks. Pretty impressive round.

6. Well heck i guess you learn some thing new everyday!!
    Thanks for clearin' that up wes!
    -Jesse

7. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I took an out of town friend and his teenage boys to the range...They shot 300 rounds of .22lr out of my Ruger 10/22, 150 rounds of 12 gauge through my Winchester 1300 & 100 rounds of .357 through my Smith & Wesson...They loved it.

8. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    The gun Gods were not with us the last time we went (last weekend) I had billy bad but on my left who's 1911 muzzle I seen not once but twice. His partner Mr. I gotta go beyond the post to pick up brass during a hot range. All while billy continues to shoot with his smoke hanging out of his mouth. The door to his Dodge left open so I can't get in the passanger side of my truck. I was shooting my 308, concentrating real hard and I look down, the brass hunter is picking up brass under my chair. We went to the upper range to find it occupied by one of the counties sheriffs depts. they were none too happy to see anyone around their toys, funny don't remember in the news letter anyone being able to lock up a whole range. Oh, can't foreget the looks we got for having the only 10 year old rusted dented truck in the bunch. Better luck next time!

9. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Well, don't think bad of me but I pretty much have a zoo. I have an African Grey and a Euclectus (that's over three grand in birds). I have a shitzu, I have blue tick , and a healer along with two cats. This 'other' cat has been coming here eating the other cat's food. I put the two birds outside everyday. Well I caught the 'other' cat trying to get in. My female cat chases him off, attacks him, trees him...basically does her part. I walked out today and said, "I wonder what she's creeping up on?" When I saw, I went straight inside and picked up a little AR15 that's been sitting there and walked outside. I 'made' sure there wasn't a collar, extended the stock, flipped the selector, and then went and disposed of the critter. That was my shooting today.

10. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Jerry,I do feel for ya,man. I always seem to have a better time when I go out,where it's not a range,just out in the country where it's full of "Bubba's",they are,for the most part, very safe and friendly people to shoot around.

11. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Don't mean to be cranky. Just an example of what can go wrong. I definitely enjoyed AZ much better. We would go out on BLM land as far as the eye can see. As long as things didn't get trashed, they were cool with it. Come to thing of it, I wish I had my muzzle loader that day. I would have been the only one. I don't do it to be intentionally cruel, but some primadonna types get that green look when the sulfur cloud keeps rolling by ;)
    Eric,
    I'm suprised the kats didn't draw coyotes. They like an easy meal.

12. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

id like a m-1 carbine but the ammunition seems really expensive, a 460 rowland wow that must bruise, afriend of mine has a barret m99 50 cal , now thats a kick, i mean a kick, felt good

13. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

The 460 sounds fun I can't wait to fire the 416 rigby my buddy is building.