What A Way To Start The Day

Discussion in 'General Rifle' started by CircuitRider, Sep 7, 2010.

1. CircuitRider

CircuitRider G&G Regular

USA
    I did not shoot very well when I went to shoot Saturday. I could not get comfortable at my friends make shift bench and I kept moving at the point I pulled the trigger. I hit paper out to 500yds and when I shot right I hit it at 600yds but that is all I can say about a very poor day of shooting. I will bring my own bench next time but I had fun shooting with Jerry, he is a good friend.

So, with that bad shooting day in my craw I decided to make sure I had my hunting load tweaked like I like it. So, on my way to work this morning, I stopped by the range to sight-in my rifle with my hunting load.

I had fired 60 rounds through my rifle and decided last night to clean it before I went to the range this morning to sight-in and also to foul my barrel with five rounds for this hunting season. I believe my rifle, load and me are ready for this year. What a way to start my day, having a five shot group like this out of a completely clean barrel. Sure says a lot for the quality of barrel on my 300Win Mag 116 FHSS Savage Weather Warrior.

165gr HPBT 3220fps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The same thing happened to me last year pre shooting my Ruger hawkeye in 308 before deer season.
    My hunting buddy brought along a rickety table which made it pretty difficult to get the groups I was expecting, but finally did.
    CR thats a fantastic group you have pictured. Way to go !!!

3. CircuitRider

CircuitRider G&G Regular

USA
    Thanks ArkansasHunter, I believe I am ready for this season of hunting. It won't be the rifles fault if I don't make the shot. :)

4. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Thats great!I like that. ,,,sam.

5. CircuitRider

CircuitRider G&G Regular

USA
    Thanks Sam :)

6. WLew

WLew G&G Newbie

Good shootin CR. It's hard to beat a Savage!

7. moosemike

moosemike G&G Newbie

You already ruined any excuses you might have had for missing.:icon16:

8. CircuitRider

CircuitRider G&G Regular

USA
    Thanks WLew, I believe you are right about it being hard to beat an out of the box savage.

9. CircuitRider

CircuitRider G&G Regular

USA
    So, if I miss the game I am hunting, then what you are saying is "IT AIN'T THE RIFLES FAULT" :bigok: