close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what about handgun versus shotgun?

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by johno, Jun 7, 2002.

1. johno

johno G&G Newbie

which one, and why?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2002

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Shotgun,Mossberg preferably with 00 buck.

3. johno

johno G&G Newbie

that would be my choice, with a few slugs handy too.

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

No slugs for me...Thank you. I'm trying to quit...seriously though my shotgun has an Extra Full choke...you can see that wouldn't end well.

5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I think of a sidearm as a last ditch defensive weapon...definitely not as a primary combat weapon.

6. I don't know logansdad-- that 50 AE Desert Eagle with a 10 inch
    barrel is almost as big as my riot gun.

7. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

My .357s are nowhere near that big

8. I think hand guns aren't last ditch defencive weapons, but more of a secondary weapon, though i agree about it not being a primary combat weapon, but last ditch it's not, now a stone or heavy stick would be a last ditch weapon IMO.
    -Jesse

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

That would be a good WWF matchup. Put a shotgun and a pistol in a ring let them fight. Guns shoot themselves right? Rosie can ref.
    J/K. Indoors I would certainly go with a pistol, in a substantial caliber. I think shutguns are too heavy and bulky, compared to pistols. In a street environment, I would say a shotgun and pistol are about equal. Pistols generally have higher capacity and faster aim. Shotguns can do mre damage and hit multiple targets, depending on ammo. At long range, I would go with a long barreled pistol, like my .50. I can get 2" groups at 100 yards with some of the 300 gr ammo. From what I have seen of the ballistics tables, It should easily take out man sized targets at 300 yards.

10. Klaus: I guess you figured out that I was talking about your 50. cal., I agree--pistol is easier to aquire target and make one big hole in bad guy.