What All Kinds Of Game Meat Have You Eaten?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mike Franklin, May 28, 2008.

1. Goat, Sheep, Moose, Elk, WT Deer, Mule Deer, Buffalo, Rabbit, Hare, 'Possum, Armadillo, Squirrel, Mountian Lion, Bobcat, Black Bear, Grizzley, Brown Bear, Racoon, Caribou and Rattlesnake. All of it was edible, some was real good. I really liked Mountian Lion and Buffalo.

Opps, forgot, Black Buck. Kinda dry if not cooked right.

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  2. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Goat, sheep, venison, hog, bison,rabbit, rattlesnake, dove, quail, turkey, pheasant, prairie chicken, duck, goose, elk, and antelope.

3. Does Chinese Dog qualify as game?? I know that the girls there were game!

4. jtuck

jtuck G&G Evangelist

Whitetail, buffalo, rattlesnake, squirrel, rabbit, quail, pheasant, chucker, frogs, wild sheep, elk, duck, turkey, all kinds of fish, snapping turtle, wild hog

5. Whitetail, Axis, Sika, Sambar, Bison, Bear, Boar, Moose, Wildebeast, Ostrich, Emu, Rhea, Phesant, Duck, Goose, Quail, Dove, Partridge, Grouse, Pidgeon, Nilgai. Eland, Antelope, Elk, Squirrel, Rabbit, Wood/Rock Chuck, Beaver (Both), Raccoon, Frog, Rattlesnake, Possum, Sheep (Big Horn & Barbadoes), Goat (exotic), Muskrat, Javelina, Turtle(Snapping). As many as I recall right now, and that doesn't include wild caught (by me) fish and crustaceans/shellfish.

6. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Buffalo, elk, deer, hog, goat, sheep, Horse, mule, bear, raccoon, possum, squirrel, rabbit, turkey, quail, dove, pheasant, duck, goose, softshelled turtle, rattlesnake, and frog.

7. mym1a

mym1a G&G Newbie

rabit, squarel ,turkey ,grouse ,phesant ,rattle snake elk, moose, deer white tail and mule frog legs crawdads trout bass bullhead/catfish.

8. I keep rememberin' stuff. Hog, Antelope, Fallow Deer and Axis Deer.
    I don't count fish because I worked on a Shrimp Boat and have eaten everything found in the Gulf of Mexico except Jellies.
    BTW, Seagull tastes like sh*t!!!!

9. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Moose, caribou, black bear, buffalo, elk, sheep, goat, whitetail, blacktail, muley, hog, goose, duck, quail, pheasant, chuckar, turkey, grouse, ptarmigan, dove, cottontail, snowshoe hare, squirrel, possum, armadillo, rattlesnake, python, alligator, frogs, turtle, many fish, eel, crawdad, crickets, and a few beetles and ants.

10. seven

seven G&G Newbie

anybody else ever had Kangaroo? take my advice...DONT....its terrible.

11. mosquitofish

mosquitofish G&G Newbie

deer, boar, rattle snake, elk, goat, duck, goose, alligator, turtle, crawdads,eel dove, quail,bison, ostriage all game fish, I don't eat bugs ! not on purpose.

12. This doesn't really count but once while riding a motorcycle I yawned real big and a fly hit the back of my throat. The d*mned thing was still alive and buzzing. I nearly choaked to death. I stopped at a service station, remember those?, and used the water hose to wash him down.

13. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Bald beaver...

14. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Oooops! Forgot beaver tail !! The other kind NRA !!

15. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Remember them, I run one! If I were you, I'd pick something better to eat tho. :D

16. Frog legs, crawdads [ok, I caught them], sheep, venison, bison, rabbit, turtle, dove, quail, grouse, turkey, pheasant [jerky], duck, raccoon, tree rat, porkypine, [jerky...no kidding] and antelope [jerky]. does mountain oysers count? carp and buffalo fish shot by bow fishing? :)

17. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Turtle (including Gopher Tortoise - before they were 'protected'), crawdad, gator, deer, bison, robin, coot, duck, woodpecker (the BIG ones!), squirrel, rabbit, raccoon, earthworm.

18. jtuck

jtuck G&G Evangelist

You guys reminded me of two of my favorites- Crawdads and gator tail. Don't know how I could have forgotten those....

19. Big Dog, what kinda gun did ya use to kill those earthworms?
    Did ya bait'm or were they free ranging?

20. Back in the early 'eighties, I was roughnecking on an oil rig in Oklahoma, and the good old boys I worked with had some odd notions about what people from California must be like. One of them brought a take-out box of calf fries to work one day, and offered me a couple. He watched me eat them, asked me what I thought, and when I told him they were good, he gave me the whole box and watched me scarf down.

When I was done, he asked me with a big grin if I knew what I had just eaten. I pointed out he himself had said they were calf fries, and he said, "sure. But do you know what calf fries are?" I gave him a puzzled look, and answered, "well, yeah. They're calf nuts."

He threw up his hands and walked off with the other guys laughing at him, muttering, "dayamn! I cain't b'lieve I wasted seven dollars on that California sumbich!"