Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what ammo should i use for a buckmark browning, i have not bought one yet just curious of what ammo i should buy for it first. i heard that cci mini mag works well in it. i dont want it to jam very much but i will tolerate cheaper ammo for a few jams

also i was wondering if i should clean it and oil it lightly before i shoot it or what?

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
I use CCI Blazers in My Browning as well as Federals in the 550 pack from Wal-mart and I find the Blazers to be very accurate for Inexpensive ammo. The gun should be cleaned and lightly oiled and wiped dry before and then after shooting cleaned and oiled for the next time !
Rich

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,972 Posts
Any good high velocity ammo will work fine - mine isn't too picky. It will choke sometimes on Remington bulk-pack, as the ammo is inconsistent. Some shells just don't have the 'oompf' to operate the bolt properly.
Federal, CCI and Winchester all do well.
It'll handle the hyper velocity stuff too, but I don't use too much of it - don't want to stress the pistol too much.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,195 Posts
It's cheap. Buy as many samples as you can find and see what it likes as far a cycling and accuracy.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I can use anything from the CCI Subsonic to cheap bulk ammo. It will eat anything I put into it. I have had little or no problem with the Winchester and have had "failure to fire" rounds with Federal.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Unlike my Henry .22LR my Browning Buckmark will accurately digest just about any type of .22 ammo.

·
Registered
815 Posts
If its picky definitly dont go with the remington bulk .22s. You might just need to break it in too. My shotgun was that way when I first got it. It wouldn't even cycle 3 inch.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Browning Ammo Question

I have found that copper plated ammo works best in all of my 22's.
Before I started using it I had at least one jam in every magazine.
I was given this tip by a local gunsmith and he was right.
I now buy the 500 round boxes at Wallmart with no problems at all.

:) :) :) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts