Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

· Registered
1,082 Posts
In the last few days My sons and I have loaded about 600 rounds for the AR-15s. Ran out of powder & bullets, so we had to stop, however there's a gun show in Greenville, SC, this weekend at the TD Convention Center, and I've already written up my "shoppin' list".

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Just finished loading a couple of boxes of .270 for hunting season. My brother in law will call me a day or two before deer season starts and ask if I might have a box or two loaded.

Nicholas, (in photo to the left) has discovered that my .30-30 is a fun gun to shoot, so I'll probably load some rounds for him after lunch.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
I came in from work this afternoon, and checked the deer cameras from behind the house. Then I decided to do some reloading. I have a bunch of .45 cal brass and some Blue Bullets. I loaded some last week and they run fine through my Sig. So I sat and reloaded the rest of the brass I had left. Totaled about 100 rounds. My son has several hundred rounds of brass for the .45 in my garage. Hmmmmm! Think he'd miss a hundred rounds or so? <G>

Attachments

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Metal Brass Steel Aluminium Household hardware
My son Jerry, saw the post and told me there were 1,000 empty .45s and to help myself. So I tumbled about 150 and loaded till I ran out'ta blue bullets. So I now have 166 rounds loaded with the Blue Bullets. Got'ta order some more now that "I HAVE" plenty of brass.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Started processing some 8mm Mauser Brass I picked up at a gun show. I put 50 in a tray so I could spray them, and had 6 left over in the bag of 50. COOL ! Then as I started de-caping and sizing them I found some were military from 1940-1946 with crimped primers, and some were marked 8x57 JS with crimped primers. The guy that was crimping that day must have had 2 bowls of Wheaties for breakfast that mornin'.

I had to use a punch and small hammer to get some of them out, and some I just gave up on and tossed in the brass bucket. I wound up with 48 usable pieces of brass that are now in the tumbler. I think I'll LOOK closer next time.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
I loaded the 8mm Mauser brass I processed. Waiting on some .30-40 Krag brass to load for one of my cousins. Got chilly in the garage so I went inside.

Reactions: Dutch

· Registered
1,082 Posts
We had a bit of snow a couple of weeks ago and to keep from being bored, I primed about 1,300 rounds of 5.56 & .223 brass. This week got rained out at work and since it was too cold and damp in the garage, primed about 300 pieces of .30-36, .308, 8mm, and 7.62 X 54R brass. I spent today loading 226 rounds for the M1 Garand. Ran out'ta the bullets I was using.

Gun show at the TD Convention Center in Greenville, SC this weekend, so I can resupply my bullets & powder stock. Who knows, maybe a little voice in one of the gun racks will say, "Psst. Over here. I really need a new home".

Reactions: jerry

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Still raining here in Western NC. Went to the garage and loaded 50 rounds of 8mm Mauser. 150 grain Hornady #3232, over 47 grains of IMR 4064, Winchester brass. Last time I used this loading it held 1 inch groups at 100 yards.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Got a warm day today, so I went to the garage and started processing some .30-30 brass. I lubed & sized about 200 rounds and they are now in the tumblers. Gon'na let'em tumble while I watch the trucks run at DAYTONA.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Snizzelin' and Drizzlin' rain today. My son, Nicholas & I loaded 50 rounds of .30-30 this mornin'. My nephew is coming down to pick it up along with some .308 and 8mm Mauser ammo. Also some GP-11 ammo for a friend I sold a rifle to.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Another short day at work for me. Came home and loaded 50 rounds of 7.62 X 54R before making a trip to the Asheville VA Hospital for a check up. Stopped off at work on the way home, and upon my return wound up in this chair, and accomplished Zilch, got'ta do better tomorrow.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Next week's paycheck is gon'na suck, but with all these short days my ammo shelf is lookin' pretty good. Loaded 50+ rounds for the Mosin-Nagant, and another 50 or so rounds for the M1 Garand. Ran out'ta H4895. Got'ta get some more.

Hopefully, my boys and I will get to use some of it Saturday

Reactions: Dutch

· Registered
1,082 Posts
I ordered 500 pieces of processed brass from Kaleo Arms a few days ago. It arrived today and was UN-processed brass. I was not pleased. So when I got home, I sent'em a polite email explaining the problem and asked for return / replacement instructions.

Within 20 minutes, I had a reply telling me that if I could use the unprocessed brass, to just keep it, no charge, AND, that my 500 pieces of processed brass would be shipped before the end of the day. They even offered me a choice of headstamps.

The 500 pieces of brass I received is all FC-05 NATO, cleaned but not processed. Good brass.
I'm happy now!

Glad I have 2 strong sons to yank the handle of my old Rock Chucker press.
Ammunition Bullet Metal Gun accessory Collection

· Registered
1,082 Posts
My sons and I went shootin' last weekend. We took .303s, .308s, ARs & my old M1 Garand. Yesterday I deprimed and sized the brass and put it in the tumbler. I'm letting it tumble some more this afternoon, and then I'll load'em. After that, I'll start on the 500 pieces of .308 I received yesterday.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
It finally warmed up enough to spend some time reloading this afternoon. 70 degrees this afternoon. I loaded 150 rounds of .308. 150 grain FMJBT, over 47 grains of W-748, in PMJ 05 brass. Crimped them with the Lee Factory Crimp Die. My PA-10 doesn't like uncrimped ammo.
Tomorrow I got'ta go to the VA Hospital in Asheville, NC for a pacemaker / defibrillator replacement, so I can not use the left arm for 10 days. So I guess that means no reloading.

Guess I'll get some reading done.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
In the last 3 days, with my left arm hangin' by my side, I have deprimed, sized, tumbled, cleaned the flash holes and primer pockets on 548 pieces of .308 brass. It's LC 05 NATO brass from Kaleo Arms. This one handed stuff ain't much fun. Guess I'll wait till I can use both arms to swage'em.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts