Gun and Game Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2597 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
What's your source for these projectiles? I like them better than the "tall ones" I have.

Are the ones in your picture also 200 gr?
Those are 185 grains. I get them from Missouri Bullets. Used to use Dardas but he went out of business. I imagine other sources make them too.
I've even seen them as plated bullets from either Berry's or Rainier (forget which). Although I have not used them because leading has been no problem.

The 185 gr hits hard enough to knock down steel plates in the USPSA matches.
They would probably work great for small game, if you wanted to use them for that. Although they are a little large - I like 38 cal wadcutters for that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Tweaking some 200gr .45acp SWC I already had (seating them more deeply)

Was OAL 1.265 now is 1.23

Hoping for more reliability in my 1911s with them shortened up a bit (they often wouldn't chamber ... Could be lots of reasons... But starting here) They all pass the plunk test in my chamber checker tool

Also trying several brands of mags

Also hoping there is still enough neck tension after I pushed them deeper (don't want any set back issues)

View attachment 156450
Went to the range at noon and... Success! They fed and chambered and shot just fine in my Para 1911

No hangups - hickups at all

·
Premium Member
3,827 Posts
Did up 18 300wm to finish off a box of bullets i had

Reactions: jwrauch

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
loaded up some test rounds for the .45 super using Blue Dot and AA #9 powders. hopefully I'll get to chronograph them tomorrow:D.

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Well fixed my loading bench finally last night, right Got a new top on it. 3/4 plywood with steel reinforcement plates, and braces under the bottom at each press. Organized and went thru my stuff. Found 200 more small pistol primers.
So today pan lubed and sized 400 - 358 grain .357 bullets. Then loaded up 200 of them over 3 grain of red dot in 38 special.

Now it is time to break out some pre primer .357 brass I found, count them, then break out the H110. Hopefully my bullets at 10 to 12 bh are not too soft for H110 velocities. We will see. May just throw a coat of BLL over the pan lubed. on them just for a little added leading protection.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
19,611 Posts
Just finished reloading 200 rounds of 44 special +p’s for the trip home later in the week (245 grain Keith).

Going to load 400 rounds of .38 tomorrow.

All is going back to TX later this week or early next week.

Reactions: austinjoe13

·
<------------<<<-
3,790 Posts
I ordered some 300gr XTP’s for my 44 today. $20 for 50, and it rounded out an order to free shipping.

Reactions: TXplt

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Been experimenting with the .357 SIG cartridge. I have tried the converted .40 S&W brass and cast bullets. After 2 mos of experiments I ordered 1,000 once fired .357 SIG brass. My handgun with 3 barrels 9MM, .40 S&W .357 SIG is SIG M1A1 P229. A nice Milsurp rated for extra high pressure loads.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Resized and de-primed some 7X57 Mauser brass. Need to load up some 6.5X55 swedes and 308 Win also.

Reactions: TXplt

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Put together a few ladder test for my 8x68s. Not sure why, I already have a load with 220gr. Sierras that gets me well under MOA at 2950. However, they are so far not going into the same hole and I am curious just how good this rifle can be.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Just finished up the last of the jacketed 44mag that I had. Trying to decide if I want to continue with 240 gr Keith bullets or maybe switching to a different caliber. 44Mag is not a high volume caliber for me and I already have about 1000 heavy jacketed loads.

Maybe I ought to switch to the little 327 Federal Magnum loads. Those are fun to shoot and a pound of powder goes a long way.

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Finished PCing 250 or so Lee .358 158 rf earlier today. Had pre sized about 200 to .358. Going to run them back thru at .359 here in a little bit.
For use in the .357 and the .38 specials.
Just waiting 6 hrs after cool down for the PC to set. Saw that recomended somewhere, and seams to work well. Have not scraped any PC off the driving bands yet. And I run them thru dry. So sticking with it.
My favorite color Eastwood Maroon.
Sized about 50 down to .356 for experimentation in 9mm 360 grain round. Just to even things out, Going to run those back thru at .356. As my old Maverick C9 runs a little tight.

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
I received my order of 1,000 pcs. .357 SIG cases at 8:30 AM today. This is once fired and clean. I have been loading test loads for tomorrow.
Sounds like fun. One of my favorite activities is to tune in a new load. It can be work but the type of work I enjoy.
Been considering the . 357 sig for a while. Just would have to come across the right gun at the right time.
IMHO.
One of the better rimless bottle neck pistol cartridges out there.

2401 - 2420 of 2597 Posts