Gun and Game Forum banner
2861 - 2876 of 2876 Posts

·
Registered
11,508 Posts
i emptied one 12ga. shot shell.
emptied it at a now dead bird.

i guess i should mosey down stairs to the ammo cave and see if i need to make a couple of deer shooting shells.
probably not, i'm sure i got at least 300 rds for the three bolt rifles i normally rotate through each year.

·
Premium Member
3,927 Posts
loaded up a couple hundred 10mm 165 gr plated & 175 gr. powder coated to replace what I shot breaking in my new Witness.
blaster let me know if you need 10mm brass. im pretty sure i have 300 pieces in a zip baggie out in the garage. its all once fired mixed head stamp. but i have no use for it

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
blaster let me know if you need 10mm brass. im pretty sure i have 300 pieces in a zip baggie out in the garage. its all once fired mixed head stamp. but i have no use for it
WOW!! thanks and yes. all semi auto 10mm pistols launch their brass into orbit. I am always in need of 10mm brass. check out my post in the trading section. if you see anything you can use, we can call it a trade.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
today I'm activating my new indoor bench. It is just too hot here to continue with my shed workbench set up. So I followed the example of others and used a Harbor Freight grinder stand, two 3/4" 2'x2' pieces of plywood, etc. Now
it's temperature controlled and I can reload when I want, ignoring outside weather.
Table Property Furniture Wood Interior design

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I was pretty pleased a few days ago. I tried some starter loads for my 6.5 Creedmoor using 140 gr HBBTs with IMR 4064 and 130 gr HPBTs with IMR 4350.
Further, I had just installed a Riton X5 Conquer 5-25x50 scope and had boresighted it at home with a laser in the bore. I shot a few sighting shots to make sure the chronograph was lined up with the target stand./
My velocity averages are 2500 with the 140s and 2625 with the 130s - kinda low but they are starting loads after all.
I shot with a rest under the fore end and butt, on a bench.
I know some folks here have been doing better than that for many years. But I have never got results like this before.

Font Circle Book Handwriting Parallel
Circle Art Font Pattern Logo
Font Circle Parallel Book Handwriting
Art Font Circle Painting Illustration

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Working on some 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition consisting of Lapua sm rifle primer brass with CCI 450s, 6.5Staball powder and the Hornady 147 ELDM bullet. This combo shoots light out of my Bergara.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Just went to fin feather fur and bought some of them 10 cent small pistol magnum primers.covid thing. Wanted small pistol regular primers but none in stock. Only had one pistol that would hit hard enough to use rifle primers.
So paid the man.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Emptied some of the brass I stuffed last night, does that count?LOL

Purple Violet Pink Art Font

Targets on the right are with neck sized brass, the left are full length sized. Target on upper right was shot with a squeaky clean barrel then she settled in.

·
<------------<<<-
4,083 Posts
I reckon it’s time to turn out some of those Barnes 300blk I’ve been thinking about…

2861 - 2876 of 2876 Posts