Gun and Game Forum banner
2881 - 2900 of 2913 Posts

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
even though I am critically low on pistol primers, I got back into working up loads for the .45 Super. since I had good luck substituting small rifle primers in pistol brass I decided to try large rifle primers in the Super brass. not that lucky. :( I seated a rifle primer and it wouldn't seat all the way. the pistol primers miced out at .121mm and the rifle primers were .128mm thick. just enough so they protruded from the base. &*%$#@! after priming 100 cases, I am down to 250 large pistol primers!:eek: I sure wish this b.s. would be over. I would hate to have to buy a box (1000) of primers and pay 10 times what they are worth! (the old price)

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
even though I am critically low on pistol primers, I got back into working up loads for the .45 Super. since I had good luck substituting small rifle primers in pistol brass I decided to try large rifle primers in the Super brass. not that lucky. :( I seated a rifle primer and it wouldn't seat all the way. the pistol primers miced out at .121mm and the rifle primers were .128mm thick. just enough so they protruded from the base. &*%$#@! after priming 100 cases, I am down to 250 large pistol primers!:eek: I sure wish this b.s. would be over. I would hate to have to buy a box (1000) of primers and pay 10 times what they are worth! (the old price)
I know what you mean. When I acquired the 1911 I currently have. I had no dies brass or other things to reload with besides two powders I used before.

What really hurts is no large pistol primers.
I've been tempted to get some .45ACP brass that takes the small primer just so I can use the primers I have on hand.

And in other reloading news I am going to clear the bench of the .308win project and commence with .300WinMag.

·
<------------<<<-
4,268 Posts
Got the Lee Carbide 4 die set for 9 mm, so getting ready to size some 9mm brass. Try it out.
I really like those die sets. I have them in 380, 38/357, 40/10mm, and 44spl/mag. They work very well for me.

Reactions: Moroco Mole

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Last 2-3 days I haven't done much as my back and neck were killing me.
Getting old sucks and being a big gorilla does also at times. Having to bend down and forward while looking at the balance beam on the scale while trickling powder was killing my back.
So I'm working on riser blocks for my scale and trickler. The one for the scale I'll take out of the vice in a few hours. I have to make a few divets in it for the feet and level to fit into; just in case it some how gets bumped.
Here's the riser for the trickler.
Hand Cylinder Wood Gas Personal care

Update, here's the pics of the riser block for the scale and both together.
Wood Kitchen appliance Tool Gas Rectangle

Here's both:
Circuit component Wood Passive circuit component Gas Office supplies

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Anyone know if there's a trim to length die being made for .300 BlackOut?
I'm working on starting a wish list for dies and reloading components once I have finished doing the piece at a time build upper.
I don't want to spend money and end up with over lapping dies to get what I want.
I do have a case trimmer but I'd rather have a predetermined trim die.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
went to deprime and resize some 308 win and starting digging out shell plates for the hornady lnl and thought 308 used a 45 shell plate but they did not want to slide in. So checked to see and nope 308 win uses a 1 plate so guess who doesn't own a 1 plate.......

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
G
Loadiing ,357 SIG and 10 MM hoping for some good weather? :ROFLMAO:
Good luck with the weather part. I've got 3 rifles I want to switch scopes on and two are in .308 Win. and I've got that new batch of ammo loaded I want to check after zeroing at close range (100yds).
Unless I change my mind on the scope shuffle.😁

And I'm still weighing powder and charging .300WM cases.
Over the hump and down hill only 180 left to go. 69grs of IMR 7828-SSC per case.

·
<------------<<<-
4,268 Posts
I’m working on visualizing and planning for my new hobby room. I’m thinking an 8ft or so bench mounted off the wall with support legs. That should give me enough room to have dedicated reloading space and separate space for dinking around with guns and leatherwork.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I cleaned, sized & deprimed a full peanut jar full of .45 auto brass LP. A buddy talked me into shooting my 1911 & I got to missing shooting it again. So I guess I need to do some reloading for it now. LOL
I won it in a raffle a few years ago but don't shoot it much.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Depriming, sizing and priming 9mm. Maybe....
Case trim guage and holder have not arrived yet.
Using once shot brass, so length probably not far off.
Justt need to look it up, find out allowable +and-. Then measure all my brass first.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I don't think I have ever had to trim my pistol brass, rifle on the other hand - every time. Got all the 308 brass so far, about 100 or so , resized, deprimed, and trimmed, now I have to punch primer pockets to get rid of the crimps and stakes they put in them to hold primers. I understand staking primer pockets but I really dislike removing them.

·
<------------<<<-
4,268 Posts
I never trim pistol brass unless it’s long, or if I’m putting hunting loads together. My 200gr 10mm loads got trimmed along with my 300gr 44’s. Everything else gets slapped together.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I am a black powder guy. Also a 38spcl, 357, and . 30-06, AR15 guy.Not really heavy I to ACP....yet.

Except for some 9 mm with the rigged dies that did not work out well. Functioned but not accurate.

Only ACP pistol I ever loaded seriously before this was 380.
I trimmed that, but very few were out of spec and the ones I have shot so far did not grow or shrink.

2881 - 2900 of 2913 Posts