Gun and Game Forum banner
2901 - 2913 of 2913 Posts

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
45 acp and 308 are the same shell holder.
all the 0-6, 0-8, -X57, 284 win., 7.7 jap, 7.65 argie all take the same shell holder.
45 acp, win mag, and 450 express all take that same one too. [you can make these cases from 284 win, or 6.5X284 by simply cutting the case off]
7.5 swiss might take it too, it just depends on the rim to holder tolerances.

·
Premium Member
24,263 Posts
When using range pick up or once fired brass I inspect it first then after sizing, trim it then never trim it again. Have found it stays within tolerences.

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Did a little more on the .300winmag project. Took inventory and I've got enough for 169 before I need more bullets. I'd like to finish all my brass that'd get me 600 of them

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I broke down and finally ordered myself a set of 308 dies. MidwayUSA had a Lee three die set on sale for $29.99 and I ordered some .224" bullets for my poodle shooter. I have a pile of 308 brass that is cleaned and ready to be primed and loaded.

Reactions: Moroco Mole

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Got my New style Lee die retaining nuts, and the wrench. Going to convert it all over to the new nuts. Not that I think thy are better, but l like to keep things uniform.. so changing nuts on all the dies in turrets tonight.
So old nuts on all my stuff I use in the single stage press. New style nuts on the turreted stuff.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Have my turrets all set up and adjustments made. Cleaned up my loading bench. Sorted a bit.
Have a couple Bags of .223 brass laying on the benched pre primed, will be whittling away on those, loading a few every day till done.

2901 - 2913 of 2913 Posts