Gun and Game Forum banner
2901 - 2920 of 2960 Posts

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
45 acp and 308 are the same shell holder.
all the 0-6, 0-8, -X57, 284 win., 7.7 jap, 7.65 argie all take the same shell holder.
45 acp, win mag, and 450 express all take that same one too. [you can make these cases from 284 win, or 6.5X284 by simply cutting the case off]
7.5 swiss might take it too, it just depends on the rim to holder tolerances.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I broke down and finally ordered myself a set of 308 dies. MidwayUSA had a Lee three die set on sale for $29.99 and I ordered some .224" bullets for my poodle shooter. I have a pile of 308 brass that is cleaned and ready to be primed and loaded.

Reactions: Moroco Mole

·
<------------<<<-
4,399 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Got my New style Lee die retaining nuts, and the wrench. Going to convert it all over to the new nuts. Not that I think thy are better, but l like to keep things uniform.. so changing nuts on all the dies in turrets tonight.
So old nuts on all my stuff I use in the single stage press. New style nuts on the turreted stuff.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Bumper Wood Font Bicycle part Automotive exterior

Did about 200 rounds of 223 60 grain Sierra Soft point type bullet. Over the last couple weeks a pull at a time.
So set for hog and coyote for a couple years. Now I can shoot up 75 or so rounds left over from 2 years ago.
Did a 9 mm marathon night before last and last night.
Have 300 125 grain . 358 Lee RN Powder coated.
Remington brass. 3.7 Grain as the Lee disc drop throws. With the Lee 4 hole turret press.

New to me.
Have a Lyman 70's C7 Scale that I restored and have been using on the .223 and to set up, check my drops for the 9mm. Beats both the lee balance nd the Hornady electronic scale. Probably the best purchase I have made, since the lee 38 special starter kit I got my 4 hole press with.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
i been making 25-20 cases out of 218 BEE cases just so i won't be tempted to find or have a 218 rifle built.
i've lost a few [like 6] more than 'once fired' cases out of the 200 i had.
all the brand new ones are flying through the 2 step process like a champ without being annealed.

kind of wish i hadn't of sold the full length [24" barrel] model 92 now.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Lee Reloading Company began in 1958 with their shotshell reloaders. Lee intoduced their pistol and rifle dies and presses in the early 1960s. Lee has come a long way and todays offerings are great. :)
I agree on the quality of the Lee products. I have several presses. of several brands. I use the Lee more than any. I even have a hand press set up in a brief case that I take when I travel. There is a lot of preparation of cases and actual loading you can do in a hotel room or by a campfire. I have loaded lots of 45-70 and 300 BLK while sitting by a campfire. I often take a pile of cases and hand prime them while I am on the road. I sometimes hear people say that the Lee molds are inferior because they are aluminum. I have a couple dozen molds, only a half dozen are steel. Once you learn to mold with aluminum, there is not advantage to the much more expensive steel ones.

I went to electronic powder scales a decade ago. I check them with beam scales. A couple years ago I bought one of the cheap Lee scales to put in my travel reloading kit. It looks cheap, like a toy. But it is perfectly accurate, and cheap. I have not found any Lee product that did not perform great for its intended purpose.

Highly recommend everything they sell.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I started to group and prep my 7rm brass for future test loads. Grouping once fired Federal cases by weight was first. Then I separated this group into subgroups of case length. The longest cases were twice fired cases. I will trim those to the majority of the cases and go from there, using these twice fired cases for my initial ladder tests.

2901 - 2920 of 2960 Posts