close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What Are You Doing On The Reloading Bench Today?

Discussion in 'General Reloading' started by gandog56, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Resized, deprimed and then primed all the .41 and .45 brass I had on the shelves. In a few days I'll load up some plated bullets at 850 fps for indoor shooting this winter.

2. Making 8x60mm cases from .30-06 Springfield. All needs be done is to shorten the cases and resize them with a 8x57mm die not screwed in all the way. However, I'm dithering on the actual length of case required and I cannot get a read on the chamber in MY rifle.

Not a serious problem, but I am a bit OCD about such things.

3. BaserRonin

BaserRonin G&G Evangelist

CO
    I've been making good use of my bench time lately.
    Made some test loads for the .257 Roberts. It really likes a mild Varget load with 87 grain spitzer bullets (Sierra).

Got all my 50-70 GVT cases sized and primed. I'll load those this week probably.

Primed all the .308 cases I had prepped and made a series of test loads using 147 grain pulled Lake City bullets to see what the AR likes.

Jaison likes this.
  4. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist

NW PA
    did 50 45colt last night with 255 swc, have to finish up a few 7mm08 that my brother started and left sitting 2 days ago. then that should be it till the 3rd week of dec. when bear and deer seasons are over.

Jaison likes this.
  5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I still haven't mounted my Lee Load-All onto a bench plate. I need to do a range trip soon, it's been too long since I needed to reload anything.

6. BaserRonin

BaserRonin G&G Evangelist

CO
    Sized, necked, trimmed, sorted, and primed enough .257 Roberts cases for the next test loads.

I discovered that not all .257 Roberts fits a #3 shellholder. I have a box of old Winchester super speed brass that is too large, it fits a #11 shellholder. A quick internet search confirmed my findings, but I didn’t find an explanation... I plan on trading them at the next gun show.