Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_20210503_172602194~2.jpg
Here's a photo.

Store owner and his brother do the ordering and neither are here.

Looked them over and nothing but this flame type logo.
I'd like to look at their website to determine specs on a .300BO bbl they have in stock.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks also about the time I was getting ready to roll on out one of the guys told me the same thing.
Looks like good stuff.
5R rifled too. Will do some homework now.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooooops sorry that was a pic of the clearest Logo from the display.
Any how looks to be a good brand of barrel and these are hard finished "nitrecarberwhatsit"😁 to be corrosion and wear resistant.
So maybe I ought to grab up this one:
IMG_20210503_181228619.jpg

If it's still there when I get back to that shop I'll get it. Honestly Ishouldn't, but it's priced right and would make a good basis for a PDW build. Even if it ends up being another "piece at a time build".😁

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked it up yesterday on the way to the range. This will be a piece at a time build may name it Johnny Cash😁
IMG_20210506_150932720.jpg

Thread pitch thankfully isn't odd and the thread protector from my Rem 700 Milspec II fit fine. Later, much later probably, I'll get a good quick connect flash suppressor that'll be compatible with a real sound suppressor.😈
IMG_20210506_193521117~2.jpg

And last a curious little mark on the back of the barrel. A H and a . DOT. Maybe a hardness test proof mark?
IMG_20210506_193218291~2.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
Hmm, I don't have any idea what the "H" and the "." would signify.
A couple of my local mom & pop stores like the Ballistic Advantage barrels though.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it having 5R rifling and a corrosion resistant finish basically the same as others like Melonite.
And they don't list it, although their site for whatever reason is a PIA to navigate to the .300BO barrels. But either way I'm glad I grabbed it up.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
You did well!! Ballistic advantage is a top brand among most of the AR crowd.

whats the length on that bad boy? Im sure youve seen my recent .300 build, I think youll like yours too!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
7.5" same length as your barrel length.

I owned a .223 AR pistol about 22 years ago that had that length barrel.
But I'm glad this builds a 300BO and I can load subsonics for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts