Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And why do you shoot that particular ammo ?? Imagine you were involved in a shooting and you were being asked this by a prosecutor. What would your answer be ??

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
I use Remington Golden Saber because it is readily available, reasonably priced, accurate, and 100% reliable in my firearms.

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
I use Hydra-Shok because it's readily available, reasonably priced, 100% reliable in my firearms, and is used by many LEOs throughout the country.

·
Super Moderator
16,736 Posts
Imagine you were involved in a shooting and you were being asked this by a prosecutor. What would your answer be ??

Its used by law enforcment, its marketed and sold as "Personal Defense ammunition" and I did not want to use ball ammunition where I would risk over-penetration and hitting innocent people.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
I refuse to fight!It's negotiate,or leave me alone! (actually,I handload about everything with max or close Speer Gold Dot.If I can't legally defend myself using the best I know of,maybe I should be locked away so someone else can protect me.)

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
But isn't that jacketed hollow-point ammunition ??
Sure. If it's good enough for LEO's (and in fact is the ammunition of choice in the county I live in for LEOs), then it is certainly deemed acceptable by the standards of the law. It is issued by the Sheriff and by every Police agency in my county, therefore I would ask a prosecutor if they would insinuate that it's some sort of uber duper wonder bullet when they are talking to Cops.

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
I shoot 'brand X' because it has been proven, by studies conducted on behalf of law enforcement, to be effective at stopping an aggressor, hopefully before he can kill me or my loved ones.

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
I refuse to fight!It's negotiate,or leave me alone! (actually,I handload about everything with max or close Speer Gold Dot.If I can't legally defend myself using the best I know of,maybe I should be locked away so someone else can protect me.)

I'll say this.

I want to be sure that anyone intending to attack me, intending to harm me or my loved ones, fails to do so. If he intends to kill my loved ones, I don't care if he lives or dies, but by God, he's going to stop. The law be damned. If anyone raises so much as a tooth brush against my little babies. . . . let God have mercy on them, I won't.

If I'm alone, and being attacked, I can take a hit, I can let him swing that knife, or raise that gun just high enough to know for sure. I have life insurance, my family has a great mother to take care of them. I can afford a little more risk. When my children are within walking distance. . . . I'll take the risk that I'm going to prison over risking so much a the hair on their heads.

I know I shouldn't say that on a witness stand, but it's what every single one of the founding fathers would have said, and what ANY SANE HUMAN BEING should say.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,182 Posts
Any quality hollowpoint is fine by me.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Defensive ammo

I rotate my SD ammunition pretty frequently. As of today I'm carrying Hornady XTP JHPs in .40 S&W. I came across a nice deal on the XTP bullets and I like to do extensive practice with hand-loads with the same brand to test function and accuracy. I'd feel perfectly safe using almost any modern Bonded JHP's.

I don't have a preference with SD ammo (ie brand loyalty). As long as it hits my accuracy, 100% reliability requirements I'm happy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Personal/Home defense ammo?

45ACP- Hornady Hydra-Shok
40S&W- Speer Gold Dot
Both are LEO approved.
In a court of law there is a very gray area around "reloaded" ammo. There is no "scientific data" confirming the function of the components in said ammo.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
So you intentionally picked the most devastating ammunition available to you ?? Why ?? And please remind the court of your caliber of choice.

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
So you intentionally picked the most devastating ammunition available to you ?? Why ?? And please remind the court of your caliber of choice.
"Yes, I picked the most powerful and devastating round that I could handle reliably, and carried as much ammunition in the biggest pistol I could conceal.

My P90 is in .45 ACP and was fully loaded with a full magazine and one round in the chamber. My spare magazine was full of FMJs as well, just in case someone was firing at me from light cover.

Why, you ask? As I stated, I picked what would STOP someone who was trying to kill me, my family, or other innocents as quickly as possible. It was not my intention or hope to kill the attacker. If I had wished to do that, I wouldn't have stopped firing when he ceased aggression, nor would I have called 911 and requested an ambulance!"

*OOC - I currently carry a P90 loaded with 230gr Remington Golden Saber, but hopefully, by this time next year, I'll be upgrading to a double stack full framed PO 1911 with a full mag of 230gr HST.

I would also like to have a lawyer help me phrase something like:

"I would like to remind the court that I had the LEGAL RIGHT to kill the attacker the moment he displayed deadly force to any innocent party. Making any attempt to spare, and even save his life, is far more than I was obligated to do. I did so because I did not want him to die."

Again, I would have my defense help me phrase that better.

(*OOC = Out Of Character, a means of setting aside the phrase from the rest of the dialog to be directed at the reader, not the other party in the hypothetical discussion)

·
Registered
543 Posts
"Yes, I picked the most powerful and devastating round that I could handle reliably, and carried as much ammunition in the biggest pistol I could conceal.

My P90 is in .45 ACP and was fully loaded with a full magazine and one round in the chamber. My spare magazine was full of FMJs as well, just in case someone was firing at me from light cover.

Why, you ask? As I stated, I picked what would STOP someone who was trying to kill me, my family, or other innocents as quickly as possible. It was not my intention or hope to kill the attacker. If I had wished to do that, I wouldn't have stopped firing when he ceased aggression, nor would I have called 911 and requested an ambulance!"

*OOC - I currently carry a P90 loaded with 230gr Remington Golden Saber, but hopefully, by this time next year, I'll be upgrading to a double stack full framed PO 1911 with a full mag of 230gr HST.

I would also like to have a lawyer help me phrase something like:

"I would like to remind the court that I had the LEGAL RIGHT to kill the attacker the moment he displayed deadly force to any innocent party. Making any attempt to spare, and even save his life, is far more than I was obligated to do. I did so because I did not want him to die."

Again, I would have my defense help me phrase that better.

(*OOC = Out Of Character, a means of setting aside the phrase from the rest of the dialog to be directed at the reader, not the other party in the hypothetical discussion)
Well said, even if it isn't lawyerly =P

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
I shoot either Federal Hydra Shoks or Golden Sabers, because both have proven to be extremely effective, and most of the local LE agencies use them.

·
Banned
2,594 Posts
In my BERSA Thunder 380 I use Hornady Critical Defense and in my Springfield Armory XDm 9 (9mm) I use Winchester Supreme Elites and or right now am using Winchester SXZ9 Personal Defense rounds.

I can't answer why I use them to a prosecutor, sorry.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts