Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well a friend of mine came by today said he had to go to the bait shop to pick up some fish sinkers . I tell him no you don't we will just make you some what size do you need . and I show him some sinker molds that I have he picks out one I get the pot set up melt about 15 lbs of lead I pore the mold full he takes the rods out that makes the whole in it not to long after that the pot is just about empty so we sit down and clean up his lead remelt the junk that we cut off I make that back into ingots and he goes home with about 1o lbs of fish sinkers for a whole lot less than what he could buy one with he he he Free D Crockett

·
Registered
12,401 Posts
been working on 9mm's recently, I'm trying to get about a 5 gallon bucket ahead on them too.
last week I cast up about 2-k swaging cores for my 30 cal jackets.
it's getting into casting season so I should be doing mostly rifle boolits in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have doped out getting great boolits out of my SC 358495 WC mould. My daughter's boyfriend is on leave from the Army, so I put him to work with that mould while I worked with a 311413 that I just bought. It was a good opportunity to get to know the lad a bit better.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
61grain ..224 Elvis. With my version of Lyman #2 alloy. Yesterday. A bit over a thousand. Then powder coated them and sized them today.
Also did some 30caliber for a friend, about 150.Then pan lubed and gas checked them today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts