Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure we all have rifles we traded away, or sold that now in retrospect we wish we had not. Mine is a mint Remington 660 in .308. But at least I did sell it to a very good buddy who even lets me use it if I want...pretty lucky, I guess. Well, how about you all?????

·
Registered
723 Posts
Mine was an Egyptian FN-49. I sold it, to get money to buy my M1917 Enfield, only to replace the FN-49 a few years later with a Luxembourg contract rifle. Should've just kept the Egyptian, and saved more money to buy the Enfield.

·
Registered
130 Posts
sold my ruger deerfield 44 carbine to buy a lever action 357. I already had a SS&W 357 and wanted a rifle/pistol combo that shot the same bullet. Still..................

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I traded my first centerfire rifle (no. 3 mk 1 Enfield sporter) for a stupid dirtbike. About two weeks after the trade, I skipped school and went racing all over town on my new bike and the tranny locked up during a high speed 3-4 shift, nearly sending me over the handlebars.

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
A beautiful Benelli shotgun. It was my second firearm ever and I sold it to gain enough money for my Remington 700. I love the 700, but I wish I had just waited and saved to buy my 700.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
A mint Springfield 1873 Trapdoor SRC 47/70

·
Registered
899 Posts
I bought a winchester Mod. 70 .375 H&H with a Leupold VXIII 1.5-5 for $500.00 both in excellent condition. Saw an add in the paper where a guy wanted a .338wm for a bear hunt on kodiak island, he had drawn a permit for a spring hunt and wanted to trade a Belgian Browning. I called him and told him I had the Mod.70 ( I removed the scope and put it on my .338wm), I went to his place, we fondled the respective firearms, and he asked me if I was willing to trade straight up.... I could'nt say yes fast enough.

So I scored a Safari grade Belgian Browning 7mmRM ( appraised at $895.00)and the scope for $500.00 .

Another trade was a pre-ban SKS I had dropped into a synthetic folding stock, put a scope mount and scope on and a colored sight pin. A friend was visiting and begged and harrassed me until I traded it for winchester mariner 12ga with a high gloss nickel chrome finish and a Savage Mod. 187J .22 semi-auto rifle both in excellent condition. I explained the SKS wasn't worth (this was 1993 or 94 ) near his 2 firearms but he insisted, so I made the trade. I sold the shotgun for $300.00 and still have the Savage .22.

Lucky me :)

Oops! This is a "regret" thread, hmm well mine obviously doesn't qualify for a regret. Can't say I have had a firearm transaction in that direction.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My first firearm was a Marlin 336 in .35REM. I was 15 when I bought the rifle. I sold it 2 years latter thinking I was done hunting. Many years later I got back into hunting again. I wish I had held onto it.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I have three that I really wish I hadn't let go.

The first was my first deer rifle a Marlin 30-30 that I sold to my aunt with the understanding that should she ever sell it I get it back. Guess what I didn't!

The second is a custom 25-06 that I bought from a friend of mine, it would shoot .300" groups till it got really copper foulded. Killed a woodchuck with it one time at 427 steps.

The one I miss the most is an FN FAL that I had. I was broke and had to get ris of it several years back. Dang that rifle was fun!!!!

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt, with a .45 ACP cylinder, makes me angry just thinking about it.

·
Registered
10,935 Posts
my garand that was a good one miss it a lot..

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
My M1 Garand and Colt New Frontier Convertible when I got hard up for cash,
and a British jungle carbine with Original Bayonet and Scabbard , as well as a Sniper Enfield before moving to Alaska....
Also a Colt 1911 .45 that was Near mint and made in 1912...
Rich

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I traded a 1990's Winchester Model 70 in .270win for a Springfield M1903. I love the M1903, and wouldn't trade it for anything, but wish I had just bought it with cash, rather than trade the M70.

The M70 had a heavy trigger, but it was a really solid gun. I don't think I have ever not regretted trading a gun.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mine was an Egyptian FN-49. I sold it, to get money to buy my M1917 Enfield, only to replace the FN-49 a few years later with a Luxembourg contract rifle. Should've just kept the Egyptian, and saved more money to buy the Enfield.
I had that same brain fart, except I traded for a Ruger 77/22 Hornet. Now the price on them has gotten to where I can't afford to replace it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a LLama .380 and a Star 9mm I sold to get enough money to buy my Springfield Armory .45 mini 1911.

It was a nice gun, but I didn't enjoy it half as much as I did my other two, and the cost of ammo itself made it so I shot it less.

::hangs head in shame::

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
A FN FAL. Just like pumpkin. Damn, what it's worth now!!!! A H&K VP70Z, and a Browning BSS 20Ga.
Boo Hoo-Boo Hoo! Sniffle

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My list of guns I stupidly traded off:
S&W39, the very first model
M1 Garand, I've owned 6 of'm now have none
1911 Remington Rand, bought for $175 brand new never fired condition
Colt 1873 Model SAA serial # 189

There were more but that's all I can bring myself to admitt!

·
Registered
40 Posts
a contender in 35 rem. that was in great shape and a turkish mauser 8mm that was in good shape paid 50 bucks for it and you cant find them for that price any more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts