what do i have

Discussion in 'M1 Carbine' started by lovemonkey269, Oct 9, 2010.

1. lovemonkey269

lovemonkey269 G&G Newbie

would like to know what i have behind the front sight is inland mtg div.general motors 3-44. round bolt sliding ramp rear sight no bayonet lug sr#5051*** would like to know more wish i had a club near me but ND is kinda back woods for most things

2. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Like you know already, you have an Inland, which appears to have it's original barrel. I believe at that point Inland was still using the type II band, and the round bolt is correctas is the adjustable sight. Depending on if other parts are different, those parts listed are correct for the rifle as of that date.

3. lovemonkey269

lovemonkey269 G&G Newbie

i have one more but its back home i have and hand full of WW II firearms i just dont know much about them other than were they came from (us,uk ..ext) think i will like this sight will learn more about what i love to take to the range .thanks for the info

4. M14man

Glad to help, but for the ease of us all, use punctuation. We are not tweeting or texting here. Spend a little time and make your post presentable.

5. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

Absolutely!

As far as what your rifle is, you haven't given us enough information to verify who made it.. Just because it has an Inland barrel, doesn't mean it's an Inland rifle..

Under the rear sight, you'll see a manufacturer, just in front of the serial number. THAT is the manufacture of the rifle as far as BATFE and everyone else is concerned..

Take a good flashlight and read as much of it as you can and then post it here. We'll gladly help you with as much info about your rifle as possible.

As far as punctuation and spelling, as mentioned, this isn't texting between you and a friend.. This gets read by a lot of people and should be written like a book, not ritn so u cn brly rd it. Take pride in your posts, as they portray what you're like in person.

6. M14man

The serial number as he listed it, is in the Inland alloted range. That's how I could tell the bolt, sights, and band were more or less proper.

7. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

I really need to buy the Carbine Collector's book, rather than searching for it everytime I'm looking up a carbine date of manufacture.. :)