close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do you carry ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jun 29, 2002.

What do you carry ?

1. 1911A1

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Glock

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Sig Sauer

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Ruger, Colt or Smith & Wesson revolver

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. other (Taurus, Rossi etc) revolver

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. other Semiauto

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: Revolver or Semiauto ? :rolleyes: Bigbore ? Mousegun ? :p :fuss: :nod:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I carry my Taurus model 85 in polished stainless with 2 inch ported barrel due to easy concealment. 158 GR Speer Lawmen +p's

Last edited: Jun 29, 2002

3. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Well, I now carry a 1911A1. But, I did, for 15 years carry a S&W 645. The 645 became like an extension of my hand. It took me about four months to re-direct my muscle memory. I gotta say, I have no complaints. Good Shooting!

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

LogansDad, you left out several types of firearms. For example, in warm weather I usually carry a 2 shot derringer, concealed.

5. NRAJOE

What make of Derringer Klaus?

6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Now Klaus has a point. 90% of the time I carry two guns, one being the 1911A1. When the 1911 is left in the car, I carry a N.A.A. Five-shot revolver loaded with .22 stingers. I ALWAYS have that with me. I don't carry the 1911A1 when it is illegal to have a gun. That little thang is the sheewaataa! You can put it anywhere...and it is definately better to have it and not need it...

7. NRAJOE

I had one of those cheapie Davis derringers...didn't like it . I know theres some nice derringers (and expensive) but I can't remember the makes right now.

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

American Derringer Corp...sorry y'all

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I have two, a nice American Derringer DA-38 in 9mm and a Cobra CB38 Derringer in .38spl. The DA-38 is real nice, made of stainless steel and aluminum in double action. The Cobra is a cheaper, but serviceable, single action.

10. NRAJOE

Thanks Klaus, I'll have to look into those.

11. BillyJoeRayBob

BillyJoeRayBob G&G Newbie

WV
    Interchangably, I make no distinction between them, a Glock 26 or 27, or 17, 19, or 22. Prior to becoming a Glockophile, I carried a Smiff & Western Model 586 Distinguished Combat Magnum, 6".

12. jamespeterman

jamespeterman G&G Newbie

Generally, a Glock model 23. Have carried a Glock 19 and S&W 686 with 2 1/2 in. barrel. All are fine guns and reliable.

13. I keep a little Rossi m68 38spl. in the truck in case I want to slip it in an iwb holster, but usually carry a Kahr K9 or maybe a Sig if I'm wearing a coat.

14. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Looks like I have the smallest gun. :( Funny thing is, I am possibly the biggest guy on the board. I am 6'3", 250 Lbs. It gets warm here, and I need handguns that can be concealed when I got shorts and a tee shirt on. I figure I can take out one bad guy with the derringer. If there are several, I may have to salvage the deceased perp's weapon.

15. Well I am 6'2'' 230 and we know what the summer's are like. Fanny pack designed for a big hand gun.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2002
  16. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Oh, and sometimes I carry a few extra rounds in my pocket.

17. Well you didn't mention that earlier. Good shooting. I feel sorry for the bad guys. Not really.

18. Just bought a Kel-tec p32 today, I believe I can wear it with just about anything.

19. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The Kel-Tecs are impressive, from a technical standpoint, though they look like toys. They are the smallest, thinnest, and lightest locked breech pistols I have ever seen. I have been hearing they are very reliable, too. I think the .32 acp is a bit on the weak side, but it certainly is better than a .25 or .22.

20. FireStar

FireStar G&G Newbie

To answer the question.. "What do I carry?"

It's a $1,200 fully Combat Customized FireStar M40 in .40 S&W.