What do you think this is worth?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stock Doc, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Found a Remington/Rand Large stamp with a Colt 482,000 bottom at a shop. It has a even finish on everything except the barrel which has some bluing on it at lug area. The gun was reworked at RIA with the markings and the small bird. The barrel has a P and some other numbers on it and it has Property or U.S. Military on the Colt lower receiver. My understanding is it has a 1911 trigger on it also. It is in a dull old smooth Parkerizing from years of wear and a very minor spot with some pitting in front of the slide extractor area opening towards front.
    These are new to me and I want one for my collection with knowing about the fakes everywhere and how hard a original will be to get cheap if at all I will settle for a put together from rebuild if the price is right. Any help would be great. Thanks,,Rick B

Last edited: Jun 4, 2002
  2. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Thanks for the email help especially Colin. I bought it and found it is a 1918 colt frame and parts with a barrel from right around the time frame with a 1943 Early large letter Remington Rand slide. The photos make it look ugly but it's not. Heres a few photo's. Rick B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]