close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do you use to carry your 91/30?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stewart, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Ok, just trying to get ideas here. The 91/30 is a long rifle so when going to the range, what do you use to carry your 91/30? Hardened case? Padded case? What length, and where is the best place to get them? :assult:

2. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I just usually wrap mine in one of those silicone-treated gun stockings, and wrap that in a blanket. I have tried the hard case, but they are too awkward, especially carrying a 4-foot long rifle tht weighs 10 pounds. Check out www.galatiinternational.com for a case. They may have a case you might like.

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Go to your friendly neighborhood Wally World and get the 52" Shotgun case - about $12. Sometimes, I'll carry two long milsurps in my 52" hard plastic case. If you really want long, try a Turkish 1903 Mauser or Mosin M91! A good two/three inches longer than a M-N 91/30.

4. Mr (T)

Mr (T) G&G Newbie

Just go to your local music store and get a Gig Bag for a bass guitar...very inexpensive, and when you leave the house, it doesn't look like you've got a rifle, just a peaceful musician going to a concert!

5. Hmmm, well I live in the Ozark Mountains of Northern Arkansas. You know....thats where The Beverley Hillbillys came from. Anyway, I dont have cases for any of my long guns except my AK47. I just toss them onto a blanket on the back seat of my Trabant, set the big green ammo can on the passenger-side floor, make sure the chickens have water, wave good-bye to my toothless neighbors in the trailer park and then head for the hills.

Hehehe

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

How the heck did you get a Trabby into the US? I bet they would be pretty cool if you rip out the pathetic 2-stroke engine and put in something like a 750cc motorcycle engine. Of course, you would want a whole new electrical system, too.

7. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

In Florida we can carry guns legaly in our cars. I put the rifles out in the open on the back seat of my min-van and pistols in a case or holster....if the kids are going to the range I put them on the floor of the cargo area behind the back seat...I got slings on some to help carry them to/from. Got pulled over once for a lead foot and the FHP guy was a little nervous and asked a few ?? but that was it....

8. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    I allways carry mine with my hands
    (Sorry it was to easy)

9. in the truck.

I only have 2 gun case's, so i keep the guns i take to the range in the gun rack of my chevy pickup, and if there's more then 2 i put em on a blanket behind the seat.

10. fliger

fliger G&G Newbie

Quit a few years ago, got pulled over by the "County Mountie" in Bellingham Wash riding my BICYCLE with a rifle slung over my shoulder............."where ta hell ya goin boy???? But of coures it wasn't ILLEGAL. These day's they would probably just start shoot'n as you came around the corner at the roadblock. I live elsewhere (don't think we have a real Starbucks yet...thank god).

Der Fliger.........