Gun and Game Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Wonderment :)
36,174 Posts
Captain O: Sir; opinions do matter.
“The Friendliest” gun community on the internet.

educating one another-voicing opinions-sharing are respected.

chastising is not beneficial nor acceptable

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
43 Posts
Captain O: Sir; opinions do matter.
“The Friendliest” gun community on the internet.

educating one another-voicing opinions-sharing are respected.

chastising is not beneficial nor acceptable

Thanks,
Craig
Sorry, Craig.

I tire of the attitude of "I understand everyone's personal circumstances". Not all are created either physically equal or have the strength to use "enough gun". This is the last resort of the prideful and arrogant.

Again, thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
.32 ACP with barrel length longer than 3 inches fed with heavy Euro ammo is horse of a different color. I also load the 3 grain AutoComp loads with the 93-grain Remington .30 Luger .309" FMJ, for 900fps, because after the first rounds go off everyone is behind cover and you might not have the S-B steel core rounds
they made for the Vz61 Scorpion machine pistol to stack the last five rounds in your mags. Just sayin'...

Beretta 1935 with three mags, canvas holster and 100 rounds sealed in metal DAK ham can with cleaning gear has been in my travel picnic kit since the 1970s. A gift from Harry. Any gun is better than no gun and the correctly labeled DAK ham can weighs the right amount and has gone everywhere.

·
Registered
43 Posts
An older female friend of mine has just ordered a Yugo (Zastava Arms) M70 in 7.65x17 (a.k.a. .32 ACP). This is a steel-frame, single-action pistol based on the Tokarev. (a copy of the M1903 Browning operating system).

I own one of these, and I can dump 8+1 rounds in a 3" circle as "quick as a wink". When you can funnel these into the face of a miscreant in less than 3 seconds, it tends to take the "wind out of their sails" in a hurry.

This is what a large number of plainclothes officers/detectives and off-duty peace officers carried (and still carry) these light, yet effective, self-loading pistols.

The 3.7" barrel of the single-action Zastava M70 provides European ball ammunition with enough runway (and power) to blow through a human sinus cavity and into the base of the brain, shutting down almost any aggressive tendencies. The pain and disorientation swiftly curb hostilities. Death often follows (rather quickly).

Shot placement is key.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts