What happens if you over feed your goldfish?

Discussion in 'Humor Forum' started by Capt'n Mil Coll, Sep 8, 2010.

1. They explode! Icky icky!

2. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    My wife likes to have fish in our tiny (9 x 11 x 3 1/2 foot deep) backyard pond. However, I'm tired of her buying carp or koi and then having them not make it through to spring. So I went out and bought ten 'feeder' goldfish, a form of carp, from the local pet store that raises them for people to feed to expensive ocean fish in their salt water fish tanks.

Those fish were tiny when I put them in the pond back in May, like maybe 1 1/2 inches. Seven of them have survived the neighborhood cats to date. Now they are 4 inches long. I haven't done anything special, not even feed them. They manage quite well on bugs and algae. I'm hoping they'll manage to 'winter over.'

3. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

Darn, Cyrano, I don't think I've ever seen you mention her as your wife!

4. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

CGO feeds them to Rudy. Look at a photo of him next time you can. That cat says feed me all the time.

5. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    That is one big fish!

6. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Carp is crap spelled wrong !!

7. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I only refer to her as Her Imperial Majesty when I'm annoyed with her or she's behaving in a high-handed way - which admittedly is most of the time. She didn't give me a ration of grief when I said "No more koi," hence the difference in form of address.

8. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

lol