close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What hollow point ammo works in PPKS

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tony, Mar 15, 2002.

1. tony

tony G&G Newbie

I've been told that the Walther PPKS is a little cranky about what hollow point ammo it will feed. We tried Federal in ours (wife's gun) tonight and it worked but it didn't act like it really liked to pick up the first round. We have shot around 400 rounds of ball so far since purchase about a year ago so it should be broke in.

2. JCB2001

JCB2001 G&G Newbie

I've used gold dot in my ppk and have not had any jams so far

3. I've put many hundreds of rounds of Federal Hydroshock through my PPK/S with no problems. I did have some problems with CCI Blazer ammo. Failed to extract the spent case.

4. Tony, Walthers can be picky feeders. For any gun that is, I'd recommend Remington hollowpoints. They seem to design most of their hollowpoints with a shape similar to ball, so they will often feed in guns that only like ball ammo.

5. Sutro

Sutro G&G Newbie

I've found Federal hydroshocks feed just fine.

6. tony

tony G&G Newbie

We tried hydra-shocks and on the first one the slide closed a little hard other than that they seemed to feed ok. I may try the remingtons as well just for good measure. The magazine seems to be a little tight on hollow points. The first box we purchased for it wouldn't fit in the magazine.

For some reason when I fire the gun the hammer occasionally follows the slide down and the next shot requires that the hammer be cocked or fired double action. When my wife fires it it always works fine. Her hands are much smaller than mine and I suppose it has something to do with the way I hold it.

7. AJY

AJY G&G Newbie

Tony, if the gun is also biting you, the hammer is hitting your hand and not going all the way back, possibly causing that problem. Common with bigger hands. As for the hollow point question, I had a similar problem, I used to carry one as an on duty back up, spent a few dollars with a competent gunsmith for a throat job and it swallowed any kind of ammo after that. Loved that gun, had to sell it , as I actually shot it out.

8. tony

tony G&G Newbie

No it's not biting me. It shoots fine when it bites me. I find that when I try to keep the web of my hand away from the hammer it bites me worse. When I hold it like it was designed to be held I don't get bit but it doe fail to stay cocked once in a while. Works perfectly for my wife (small hands).

9. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I'm going to Glaser Safety Slugs myself. When you care enough to send the very best.