Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks that does'nt sund bad at all.

:rocketwhore: :rocketwhore: :rocketwhore: :rocketwhore: :rocketwhore: :rocketwhore: :rocketwhore: :rocketwhore:

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
it all depends. at 50yds, an inch from a stock gun is acceptable. my 10/22 at 100yds will do under an inch. if what your rifle does is acceptable to you, thats all that matters. if it does not, you can put a little or alot of money towards getting where you want it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
a large part of your group is the ammo. if you're shooting the cheap, dime a dozen stuff the groups are a little bigger because the loads are not all the same. with match grade loads, each round is pretty close to the same and the groups will be tighter.
at 50yds with standard ammo I get about 1" groups or smaller. switch to match ammo and 5 rounds will fit in a dime.

·
Registered
767 Posts
eley is good match ammo and not too expensive...if you are shooting a stock rifle, take off the barrel band and it will improve your groups.
remember wind also plays a good part.
If you need any help with tear downs..see ruger22.com over 100 10/22 teardown and reassemble photos.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've a good buddy who can put out a .297 group nearly all the rounds into a single bullet diameter with a .22 at 50 yds. I'd say anything from that size upto 2 inches would be acceptable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts