Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have to go with the 12ga shotgun and AR-15 and maybe a nice high cap nine. Any thoughts?

We all need to be prepared for the zombie invasion!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I'd have to go with the 12gauge shotgun. Better have lots of capacity though. Those zombies will take a licking and keep on coming after you.

Maybe a 50 cal machine gun?

·
Registered
297 Posts
.44 Magnum Lever Action loaded with 300 grainers. Backed up by a Desert Eagle .50 Caliber, and a S&W .500 Magnum.

Backed up further by a Remington 11/87 with an extended magtube, loaded with 1oz. Slugs.

For extra support, I'd have an M16 and SEVERAL mags!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Heck, if it's an unrealistic foe, how about an unrealistic weapon? I'd take an automatic plasma rifle.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about some hand grenades?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Flame Thrower

Duble 9mm Uzis

Desert Eagle .50

M8A1 .50 Sniper Rifle with 10-round mag (for long distances)

...in that order

and an incinerator for any parts that are left

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
A .308 selectfire rifle with a grenade launcher,ought to take care of Zombies and dinos too.:)

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
Now you're talkin' overkill!
You will have to consider protection from the back-blast also!:eek:

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
"I'm going to the armory. We're gonna need something with a little bit more kick." Anyone know where I'm going with this? Ok, this is the road I'm taking. First, get one good firearm for the major calibers(9mm or .40, .45, 12 guage, .308, .223, 7.62x39). After that, stock up on mags and ammo. If you get that done and no zombies, start over.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
No no no, the Garand would never work as a zombie gun. Why you ask? Simple. Massive trauma to the head is the only way to stop a zombie. If you've got to go room to room taking care of them, or have 15+ coming after you, you need something light, something compact, and something that holds more then 8 rounds. I guess you could always beat the crap out of em with the butt end of the gun, but for that you might as well carry a baseball bat.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It's funny you asked about anti zombie guns, we discuss this subject at the range on occasion, we came up with the ultimate zombie gun, a Mosin M44! The fireball will roast the ones that are close by, the bullet itself would be able to decapitate 4 or 5 in a row with one shot, and if should need it, the bayonette would be a great last ditch weapon, plus you never have to reload a bayonette!

Now you have to keep in mind, this topic was discussed with fellow Mosin enthusiasts :)

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
People PEOPLE. Movies like Resident Evil and Land of the Dead are our training material for this. Could you really see them running around with Mosins taking on 25+ zombies at a time?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Could you really see them running around with Mosins taking on 25+ zombies at a time?
If i close my eyes really tight and concentrate then yes... yes i can :)
Lets not forget the steel butt plate on the Mosins would do some serious cranial disruption too!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When it comes to zombies you want a variety. You want something that has a lot of ammo and something that packs a punch. (AR or AK, I'd go AR) Then, you need a handgun in case your mag is out of ammo and you have a zombie right in front of you, high cap 9mm. You can't be without a shotgun either!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
12 guage 870, loaded with Flame thrower rounds and .00 buck, a .243 for up to 600 yards for blowing their heads off, and 2 .22 pistols for up close, Because .22 bounce around in their head, causing more damage. =)

1 - 20 of 130 Posts