What is the Wierdest/Rarest Cartridges you own?

Discussion in 'Ammunition Reports' started by Capt'n Mil Coll, Mar 19, 2011.

1. noelekal

noelekal G&G Evangelist

Have long wished the 5mm Remington rim fire would be reintroduced and make a comeback.

austinjoe13 likes this.
  2. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

4 or 5 boxes sitting on a shelf of a gun shop in Independence, Mo.

noelekal likes this.

3. Over the last few years there have been a couple different companies that have produced 5mm ammo. Dad owns one and neither type were as accurate as the original ammo loaded by Remington in his rifle. He does still have 4 boxes of the original Remington ammo, from what I understand it's quite expensive if you can find it.

noelekal likes this.
  4. noelekal

noelekal G&G Evangelist

I was young and intrigued by the 5mm when it was current. Never got one. Always kinda wanted one to play with. Sure don't need one but ... when has need had anything to do with it.

5. El Cabron

El Cabron G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I have a small collection of Harrington & Richardson top break revolvers, chambered in 32 S&W, and 38 S&W cartridges. The cartridges are/were used in a variety of top break revolvers made in the 19th & 20th centuries. The 38 S&W cartridge was first introduced in 1877 for use in the S&W Single Action revolver, was a black powder cartridge, and then later a smokeless cartridge. The .32 S&W cartridge was introduced in 1878 for Smith & Wesson pocket revolvers. The 38 S&W ballistics are similar to the .380. These cartridges are still produced and available, and aren't terribly expense. Here are a couple of revolvers from my collection. The nickel plated H&R chambered in 32 S&W was made in 1896, which is over 124 years ago; looks like it just came from the factory.
    S&W cartridges.jpg H&R Top Breaks.jpg

Attached Files:

graybeard, Merle and noelekal like this.
  6. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Nagant Revolver. Weird all around in every way including the kinda foreskin past the bullet of the cartridge.

Merle, austinjoe13 and graybeard like this.
  7. graybeard

graybeard G&G Evangelist

.32-20 - Colt revolver, Savage Model 23C and Winchester 92.
    Love the Nagant! Fun shooter.
    5mm magnum is a hoot on groundhogs.
    .32 Remington in the Remington Model 8.
    .444 Marlin lever will crack your teeth if you ain't stout with that rifle.
    8mm Nambu

Merle, Jaison, TXplt and 1 other person like this.