Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
Hard to tell Bob.
The stuff on the floor is in much clearer focus than the piece of brass.

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
Lady next door though emphatically told me that GFL is a Fiocchi head stamp...

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,583 Posts
Looks like the old Nagant revolver cartridge (it was a queer cartridge; around 32 caliber which has the casing go up and over the bullet with a sort of circular cutout over the bullet). Not to be too gross but perhaps like a normal cartridge with brass foreskin covering the bullet.

I have one of these revolvers and a couple boxes of cartridges (very few rounds fired). The revolver has a god-awful DA trigger pull because it presses the cylinder up against the forcing cone during firing supposedly to improve ballistics (for a weak cartridge to begin with). Mostly for collector/piece of history value (the revolvers DO look reasonably strong with solid steel, but the grips are cheap plastic).

It's not on my top ten list of successful revolvers, but it DOES go bang. The originals were very cheap (like old Mosin cheap); more of a conversation piece that shoots.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,583 Posts
Lady next door though emphatically told me that GFL is a Fiocchi head stamp...
She's right (just looked at a box of my Fiocchi .223's).

If you wanna get snippy with her it looked more like G.F.L.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
yep 7.62 Nagant.
russian round where the bullet was seated down in the neck, and the case mouth was pushed up against the throat of the revolver.
it was an attempt at circumventing the cylinder gap for a few more fps. of speed.
it was still kind of a hot 32-20 type round when everything was said and done.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have seen them before but all the ones I picked up were berdan primed so I pitched them in the scrap box.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
FYI, GFL stands for Guilio Fiocchi - Lecco; Lecco is a city about 50 miles north of Milano. Excellent quality ammunition maker.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
all Starline brass is boxer primed.
i been using it since day-one [day one for them] and prefer it to pretty much anything else.
they are a family run operation, and if you call them your most likely to get the sister.
unless it's just after operating hours then you could get any one of the family members that happens to be in the office.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts