What is your favorite polymer 9mm?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 9mmfan, May 24, 2008.

Of the 5 listed below, what is your favorite polymer 9mm?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2008.
  1. Springfield Armory XD 9mm

21.7%
  2. S&W M&P, 9mm

32.6%
  3. Glock 19, 9mm

32.6%
  4. Beretta PX4, 9mm

6.5%
  5. Sig Sauer 2022, 9mm

6.5%
  1. Between the 5 handguns listed below what is your favorite polymer frame 9mm and why?

1. Springfield Armory XD, 9mm.

2. S&W M&P, 9mm.

3. Glock 19, 9mm.

4. Beretta PX-4, 9mm.

5. Sig SP 2022, 9mm.

2. px -4 then sig then glock
    [​IMG]

3. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

well i dont realy like plsti guns but of i had to choose one it would be the S&W M&P

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

5. Glock. They started the polymer trend and some have even copied the trigger safety haven't they?

Obviously then, Glock...

6. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Evangelist

I like the XD as it fits my hand like a glove and is super reliable.

7. Don357

Don357 G&G Enthusiast

Of the ones you listed I chose the S&W M&P. I've read nothing but good reports on all of the M&P series. You didn't list the plastic Ruger, or the poly Witness, or the Taurus 24/7 (which shares it's design with the M&P),or the S&W Sigma (S&W's Glock clone), all of which are good guns. However, the best 9mm pistol of all time has to be the Browning HP or the CZ99 (Yugoslavian) and it's clones.

8. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

For me, it's no contest:
    [​IMG]
    Courtesy of loloy @ mp-pistol

Before making my first purchase, I tested the XD, the Glock, and the M&P.

The M&P, in my opinion, was a clear winner. It feels like a 1911 in the hands, has a consistent trigger pull/break, and is rather accurate. Recoil is very manageable, and sights are very good.

Those who disagree either haven't tried it, or are a die hard fan of another brand, which is certainly understandable :D

9. kycowboy

kycowboy G&G Newbie

Personally, I like the S&W M&P. It fits my hand nicely and I shoot better with it than with the XD. I have not shot the other three guns, so perhaps I should be quiet here? I really can't stand the grip safety on the XD, but that's just me. Glock kinda set the standard for polymer guns, but I think M&P is catching up fast, although it may never have the Glock reputation. I do like Glocks as well, but I'm a small fellow and sometimes have trouble getting a grip. My vote:
    M&P
    Glock 19
    XD

10. I think the next time I go to my local gun store I think I will try out the S&W M&P and rent one, I have herd a lot of good things about them.

11. SilverRun

SilverRun G&G Enthusiast

MS
    Why did I pick the Glock 19? Because you didn't list the Glock 34 as an option.

Outside of the Glocks, I would take the H&K USP, then the XD, then the M&P, then the Sig and Beretta last. But, to avoid the inevitable polymer war - all of these are good pistols. All are reliable - it is really personal preference separating them out.

12. paparoach429

paparoach429 G&G Newbie

its not up there but i like my sigma 9mm

13. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

Oh Snap! Glock is beating S&W :(

I'm glad it's close at least :D

14. Nosrac

Nosrac G&G Newbie

WA
    My favorites are the XD9 with trigger work, glock17 with trigger work and M+P with trigger work. They all shoot well. Out of the box I liked the M+P best. XD9 is extremely simple to mod and turn into an outstanding shooter. Glock is easy too. The M+P is takes a bit more effort to get there.

15. ash

ash G&G Addict

I can't believe you didn't put the best polymer firearms on your list.
    [​IMG]
    It's ok. I'm not angry....
    ...Just dissapointed!
    [​IMG]

16. i already have a px4 subcompact on a list at a gun shop <they should be shipping out now!!!

17. Glock 19 of course, "Glock Perfection" could never be more true.

As stated before Glock set the bench mark for the M&P and XD. Have you ever taken them apart?

The Beretta and Sig have lousy triggers.