Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Global Warming Enthusiast
In my experience BJung, the Glock finish might burnish up a little but it does not wear out, and to be honest I don't care if it does. I'll gladly send a pic of the Glocks I have been carrying for years and if they were going to wear significantly they would have by now. Leather, cordura, kydex, polymer... doesn't matter, that finish is tough as nails. In cooler weather this is my daily carry with a shirt-jac or a vest to subdue the full on open-carry look. I don't care about the guy that shot himself in the leg with this holster, he had poor trigger discipline, when I draw my trigger finger rides the slide until I present the weapon.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

It works for me, find out what works for you and you need to find out with range and gear time, not internet advice. Don't let SHTF and find out you can't access your weapon with your pack on. Go walk five miles in your rig and find out if and where it's going to take skin off your shoulder or any other place. Can you carry enough ammo for that revolver and reload it fast enough to make you effective? Are you that good with a double action trigger? I'm not, I love my wheel guns but there's not a one I shoot nearly as well as a Glock 19 or a 1911. I mean SHTF can mean a lot of things, but I can hunt with a 9mm better than I can fight with a model 27.

Registered
What holster or holsters have you settled on to holster your handguns? I'm not a concealed carry person but want atleast one holster for each of my handguns. I think a standard belt holster or hunting chests holster would work well for my 6" revolver. As for a medium sized automatic, I think the military nylon holster works. Are there accessories to convert it to a shoulder holster? What holsters have you chosen and why? Does the Kydex plastic holsters wear out the bluing on pistols. Is leather or suede best for them? Do Glocks have a finish that wears out?
I don't think I have a holster for any of my pistols. I had a stainless Ruger Blackhawk that I carried in a cross draw rig back when I still hunted, I slipped in the snow in Virginia while deer hunting and slid down a slope, ripping open the holster. The Ruger ended up being stolen in the break in. I have no idea what happened to the holster.

Registered
I usually just look for a quality leather holster. I don't much like kydex, as it can become irritating if you are moving a lot and it starts rubbing in the same place repeatedly.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts