Gun and Game Forum banner

What is your ratio of rifles to handguns?

• Heavy on rifles

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Heavy on handguns

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Just about even

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • My boat sank with my guns in a heavy storm so can't say

Votes: 10 34.5%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
Winchester, Colt 1911, S&W revolvers
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your ratio of rifles to handguns?

P/S I'm about even.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
This is a message board.

I don't currently own a shotgun but looking for one in 20g.

just because its a message board doesnt give any context to why you would ask a particular question....

good thing your not looking for a .410 because i havent seen .410 ammo in ages! 12 and 20 i do see occasionally though.

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
With both shotguns and rifles I am heavier in that direction than pistols.
I have found 410 ammo in my area but it is about like trying to find Bigfoot. In 20ga I have both a Mossberg pump and an import coach gun.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Got a buncha both. Rifles tend to be older/milsurp, and shotguns cover the old west to the modern. Handguns, same thing - wild west revolvers to Dirty Harry's S&W. I know shotguns ain't rifles, but they still take up space and need shootn' and cleaning.

·
Registered
21,593 Posts
Wall-hangers (Mostly unique antiques capable of being fired, but no one has made ammo for them in 80+ years): probably a 90:10 ratio of handguns to rifles. I love unique designs, and I own several that, as far as I can tell, are completely undocumented - even in the catalogs of the companies that made them. I also collect period-made knockoffs of more mainstream guns (If anyone has one of the 7/8 scale "Mexican Colts", let me know)

I'm the other way around with my more "modern" stuff; mostly rifles. Modern is in quotes because only a tiny portion of what I have was made after the '60s.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Mine sank with the boat too, so that is what I clicked on. Back before the boat sank (and IF shotguns are counted along with rifles) I was about even. If shotguns don't count, then there were a few more handguns. Strangely, the majority of all combined are in 22LR caliber. Er, I mean WERE in 22LR caliber. Yeah, they WERE in 22LR caliber. Probably all rusted into nothing but driftwood and iron ore by now.
Yep - those won't be jumping into people's hands, and making them into criminals now. I guess that sinking was actually a Godsend!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
35,211 Posts
Except for Grandpa's SxS, all my shotguns are pump actions. And all of them are 12 gauge. No trouble getting that hereabouts. I'd love to get a couple more, but none of the ones currently in production are in my price range, and none of the used ones at the gun shop interest me.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
People keep track of things like this?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts